Communication and Fundraising Adviser Germany
Application deadline in 2 days: Sunday 3 Dec 2023 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 8 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 8 (NRC) contracts.
This is an exciting opportunity to help build the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) brand and to oversee fundraising in Germany. The adviser will be responsible for building NRC’s public presence in Germany through media and digital channels, as well as fundraising administration and compliance in Germany.
What we are looking for:
NRC Germany is seeking a Self-starter and a highly qualified “Communication & Fundraising Adviser” with demonstrated experience or higher education within brand, communication, PR, or media and with experience from business development/sales, corporate partnerships and/or social impact or other relevant professional qualification, ideally in Germany.
What you will do:
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a media and communications strategy for NRC Germany that supports overall NRC brand building, fundraising, and advocacy strategies.
- Pitch story ideas and media products to German media, develop and nurture strong media contacts, coordinate and manage interviews, and secure visibility of the NRC Germany Managing Director, the NRC Secretary General, and other NRC Germany staff.
- Translate, adapt, and write media products including press releases, statements, talking points and opinion pieces for the German market in close collaboration with the Advocacy and Media section in NRC Head Office.
- Own NRC’s German web site and social media, including publishing, and management of contracts with service providers to ensure quality and impact.
- Own, update and promote the NRC Germany Brand Book and Style Guide.
- Establish and manage fundraising systems, routines, and legal registration, including compliance with national and state specific laws.
- Establish and implement risk management procedures.
- Serve as a first point of contact for fundraising partnerships.
- Develop fundraising pipelines in collaboration with NRC’s Global Fundraising section.
- Develop efficient routines on tax reporting (for private donors) together with NRC’s Donor Management section and in accordance with German guidelines.
Please download the detailed job description to learn more about the position.
What you will bring:
- Demonstrated experience or higher education within brand, communication, PR, or media.
- Fluency in English and German, both written and verbal.
- Experience from business development/sales, corporate partnerships and/or social impact or other relevant professional qualification, ideally in Germany.
- Knowledge and understanding of the German media landscape.
- Experience in project planning and management.
- Capacity for flexible thinking and innovation to find win-win solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and work with short deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Excellent German writing and communications skills. Demonstrated ability to create and edit effective communications products in German.
- Knowledge of humanitarian work and/or terminology is an advantage. Experience in digital marketing, campaigns, advertising, and data analysis is an advantage – experience with marketing automation and CRM tools such as Mailchimp and Salesforce is helpful but not a requirement.
What we offer:
- Duty station: Germany (preferably Berlin), remote options can be assessed.
- Contract: National 2-year contract with possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: Grade 8 on NRC’s German salary scale, with accompanying terms and conditions.
- NRC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages, sexual orientations, people living with disabilities, parents and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our organisation.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and to take initiative.
Important information about the application process:
- Internal candidates only: please click on the suitcase icon labelled “I am an employee” to be redirected to NRC’s internal careers site.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as given on your passport. Complete all the system-required fields for experience, employment history and education.
- Submit your application and CV in English, taking care to attach your latest CV.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered. Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position.
If you have any questions about this role, firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject line.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. Our 15,000 staff work in crises across 40 countries, providing life-saving and long-term assistance to millions of people every year.
Watch this short video to see NRC in action.