Communication and Collaboration Engineer Internship
Application deadline in 22 days: Thursday 1 Sep 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Internship contract. More about Internship contracts.
The Cloud Infrastructure Services unit of Information and Technology Management (ITM) Office in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is responsible for promoting and supporting Cloud platform as well as organization-wide Cloud-based services like MDM. Our vision is to enable smart UN facilities which are: Optimal and efficient, Efficient in management and Sustainable, by offering and implementing modern Cloud based services to build modern age UNDP around the globe that are fully aligned with Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our Unit offers a stimulating and versatile internship in an international environment with contact to various partners from some 166 countries with UNDP presence. We are a team who work in a dynamic and informal atmosphere, and we expect our interns to become vital members of the team.
As an intern, you will be given tasks and opportunities that have a direct global impact on the development efforts of the international community. The UNDP/ITM Cloud Service Engineer Internship programme enhances the academic life experience of passionate students as interns and empowers them to become socially responsible, innovative, and environmentally conscious leaders of tomorrow. We bridge the gap between textbook learning and real-time industry experience by taking interns behind the scenes of the world’s leading Cloud initiatives and technologies, while learning to take into consideration the local context. By being a part of our dynamic unit, you will also gain worldwide connections with other top-talented interns and UN staff from UNDP and other agencies; our office is located at the UN City in Copenhagen, giving you the opportunity to interact with people outside the UNDP ITM unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on the Telephone Request and Cell Phone Ordering.
- Support the Video Conferencing service for UNDP offices.
- Effectively interact with ICT managers to resolve video conferencing issues for live calls, schedule conferences using a centralized administration system, test new software/firmware updates and push firmware updates to video codecs when needed.
- Responsible for monitoring of conference performance and statistics using cloud portal
- Take corrective action to ratify issues once visible to monitoring system.
- Actively participate in production integration of new sites, updating documentation, and training new local site support.
- Provides guidance and training to staff members on MS Teams and Zoom video system and products to eliminate recurring errors and where appropriate, provides recommendations for improvements.
- Preparation and publishing of internal documentation and knowledge base articles
- Familiar with of planning and executing events in a large organization,
- Familiar with producing in-person, virtual and hybrid events.
- Familiar with MS Teams and Zoom Communication tools
- Experience navigating a team through change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- Positive contributor to the team by supporting and executing projects as needed.
- Must be extremely organized and possess attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and meet deadlines
Required Skills and Experience
Required Skills & Experience
- You must meet one of the following requirements:
- You are currently in the final year of your Bachelor’s degree; or
- You are currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
- You have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies in the field of Information communication technologies, network and telecommunications, computer science, or equivalent.
- Knowledge in one of the following fields is required: networking and network security (TCP/IP, NAT, firewalls), video conferencing, cloud telephone
- Knowledge in Microsoft collaboration and productivity Tools: Microsoft Teams Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of scripting languages is an advantage
- Knowledge of web standards and technologies is an advantage
- Experience with gathering, consolidating and analysing data from different sources is an advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English is required. Working Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage.
- In accordance with the UNDP Internship policy, UNDP interns are eligible to receive a monthly stipend, with the rate that varies depending on the duty location. The stipend will be paid monthly, and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
- Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, UNDP will, subject to the rules of such institution, government or a third party, pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable UNDP stipend.
- Except for the stipend, all other expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring government or institutions.
- Interns are not considered staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
- Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of their internship with UNDP and must provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. UNDP will not reimburse the medical insurance of the intern. Any costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern.
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNDP, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship.
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed.
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship.
- The intern must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan.
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
- You are expected to work full time, but flexibility is allowed for your education programme.
- Eligibility for residency and undertaking internship in New York
- The intern will have to make his/her own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation etc.