Civil Engineering support assistant
Application deadline 10 months ago: Thursday 3 Mar 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a National Consultant contract. More about National Consultant contracts.
Using an integrated suite of de-risking interventions, the Project seeks to systematically de-carbonize the existing building stock in Armenia to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions while achieving sustainable development benefits. The Project, addressing both public and residential buildings, focuses on creating a favorable market environment and a scalable business model for investment in energy efficiency retrofits by addressing market barriers. These barriers to energy efficient building renovation are addressed through a combination of policy and financial de-risking instruments and targeted financial incentives to key market players.
To address each specific risk area, the Project is structured under four components: (i) building sector measurement, reporting and verification (MRV) and knowledge management, (ii) policy de-risking, (iii) financial de-risking, and (iv) financial incentives. By systematically targeting barriers, the Project will significantly reduce the investment risk profile of energy efficiency building retrofits to encourage private sector investment and thereby scale-up investment in energy efficiency building retrofits in Armenia.
The main objective of this task is to support the Project management as technical expert team member in activities related to the buildings’ energy efficient measures-related materials, monitoring of ongoing retrofit works,
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the UNDP-GCF Project Manager and direct supervision of Civil Engineer/Rehabilitation Expert and National Expert on Building Engineering and Energy Efficiency/ Renewable Energy, the Assistant will perform the following tasks:
- Develop a database of energy efficiency improvement materials providers and reveal the tendency of the relevant materials prices in the market;
- Oversee the design documents on retrofitting of buildings submitted by the communities for funding under State subvention programme;
- Monitor the project implementation sites and report on implemented construction/rehabilitation related activities to the direct supervisors;
- Support in the keeping the database updated and systemized with all required data related to the buildings’ design documentation
- Support in preparation of professional training materials, stakeholders’ identification and organization of trainings/workshops for contractors of State subvention program in communities;
1. Database of energy efficiency improvement materials providers developed and tendency of the relevant materials prices in the market related
20 Apr 2022
2. The training presentation materials prepared for workshop/training sessions on implementation of EE retrofits of buildings in communities, intended for contractors of the State Subvention Program (construction companies, technical supervision, designers, etc).
30 Jun 2022
3. The retrofitted public and residential buildings’ database updated, the technical information for the project fact sheets summarized
30 Sep 2022
4. Construction sites visits conducted and quality control of construction/rehabilitation works in 8 residential and 4 public buildings supported, and reports developed
16 Dec 2022
Payment terms and schedule
Lump sum payable modality will be applied for this assignment. Payment will be conducted in the following instalments, upon completion of the tasks and approval of deliverables by the UNDP-GCF Project Manager:
- Deliverable 1: 30 % of the total amount
- Deliverable 2: 20 % of the total amount
- Deliverable 3: 20 % of the total amount
- Deliverable 4: 30 % of the total amount
Payment will be issued according to the claims and in four instalments upon completion of the tasks under each output and approval of deliverables by the UNDP in AMD according to the official UN exchange rate.
Local travel related expenses will be provided separately, based on request and approved travel authorization as per UNDP established rules and procedures.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability with a proactive and collaborative style that works well in teams;
- Proven ability to work under time pressure and handle multiple activities and tasks concurrently;
- Ability to systemize, analyse and present the data;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines;
- Good communication, analytical and writing skills;
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel).
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in energy, architecture, engineering or another field relevant to the project/task.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in construction of civil infrastructure;
- Relevant experience in civil engineering projects
- Working experience in international organization will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian, good knowledge of English and Russian (written and oral).
- Good knowledge of computer software (MS Office) and AutoCad.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal.The contract will be awarded to the candidate whose offer has been evaluated and determined as technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR and received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 70 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
- Financial Proposal and Availability form: OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP (A total lump sum option is applicable for this assignment)
- CV shall include Education/Qualification, Processional Certification, Employment Records /Experience
General Conditions of Contract is available here: GENERAL CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents that should be included in the application in one single PDF file and upload it).