Cash Transfer Assistant
Scope and background: IRC has been present in Ethiopia since 2000 to respond to artificial and natural disasters. IRC is currently operational in seven regional states and 24 refugee camps implementing a diverse range of multi-sectoral interventions. IRC currently responds to the needs of vulnerable HHs affected by drought in Fafen, Shebelle and Afder zones and surrounding districts through a multi-sector intervention that address both short- and long-term needs. Under the program “Emergency life-saving and complimentary assistance to communities affected by draught in Harshin, kebribeyah, Ellele, Adadle, Qohle and Barey Woredas of Fafen, Shebelle and Afder zones”. IRC intends to implement a multipurpose cash transfer project in collaboration with the government, INGOs, and other partners to mitigate the impact of draught on the most vulnerable households (women, children, old people, and the person with a disability). The project intends to meet both food and non-food needs of the target households and their family members.
The Cash Transfer Assistant position holder shall be responsible to support the distribution of cash and voucher assistance to Draught impacted populations/households. Cash Transfer Assistant will be based in Jijiga town of Somali Region and can be deployed to all other woredas of Harshin, Kebribeyah, Ellele, Adadle, Qohle and Barey and any other emerging emergency areas & localities whenever need. The position reports to IRC cash Transfer officer with technical mentorship from the senior cash Transfer officer on the administrative CVA tasks and technical backstopping.
· Assist to conduct assessment to identify the most vulnerable households in need of assistance using robust targeting methodology.
· Assist in sensitization of local government structures, communities, and opinion leaders on the targeting criteria of the project;
· Assist in the identification of the beneficiaries for cash assistant as per criteria agreed with the project team.
· Assist in the registration of targeted vulnerable HHs, ensuring their data is collected and stored appropriately, safely, and confidentially
· Assist cash assistance is delivered to targeted households as per predetermined targeting criteria and in a safe manner.
· Assist cash transfers and ensuring reporting of any problems (if occurring) during implementation of the multipurpose cash transfer.
· Actively participate in relevant field assessments to understand the beneficiaries’ needs.
· Develop methods to support communication with beneficiaries and community engagement in the targeted areas.
· Coordinate activities with local authorities, community members, other implementing actors and partners at the woreda level;
· Compile and submit regular project reports and updates to cash officers and team members.
· Assist to implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems including selected beneficiaries’ verifications, client compliant handling mechanism;
· Carry out additional duties within reasonableness of his/her level of skills and experience ordered by his/her manager
· First Degree holder in Agri-Business Management, Economics, Marketing, Rural Development, Banking, Project Management, social science, international development, or related relevant field
· similar with relative experience of the position demand.
· 0-year experience for first Degree holders and 2 years’ experience for Diploma holders.
· Experience and/or knowledge in CVA programming is an asset;
· Basic computer skill (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail).
· Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
· Good command spoken and written English.
· Knowledge of the local language is advantageous.