IRC BACKGROUND: The mission of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933, the IRC has 26 offices in the United States and a presence in over 40 countries.
JOB OVERVIEW: The casework assistant will provide Reception & Placement (R&P) case management core services and coordinate extended case management (ECM) services including health, employment, financial stability, education, and housing for refugees during the two-year period after arrival. This position reports to the Casework Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Assist the caseworkers in the preparation of new arrivals and in the provision of core services.
• Support the casework team’s efforts to link clients with appropriate educational, health and social services.
• Provide interpretation services, both within the Agency/Program and to outside Agency partners, if applicable and when approved by manager.
• Case note all appropriate clients’ contacts and activities as directed.
• Assist with the timely completion of client records, documentation, and case files review.
• Assist clients in applying and accessing resources in the community.
• Perform any functions regarding contract or sub-contract related to case management services for refugees; this includes Employment Contract, Matching Grant Contract, and any other contract that provides funding and/or services for IRC and refugee clients.
• Comply with all IRC policies and protocols.
• Participate in all program meetings and staff development activities.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree or equivalent preferred; or equivalent work experience
• 1+ years related work experience, preferably in a non-profit or social services agency environment
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Fluency in a language spoken by one or more of the refugee groups IRC is serving (Sango, Farsi, Pashto, Dari, Arabic, Swahili, Kinyarwanda, and Tigrinya) preferred.
• Ability to document client interactions and services provided and maintain updated and accurate case files. Case file database experience strongly preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and solid keyboarding skills
• Effective time management skills and ability to focus and work productively in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to work periodic evenings and weekends
• Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area (home visits, agency visits, service provider visits etc.).
• Ability to drive a vehicle and must have proof of insurance and valid driver’s license.
• Commitment to the mission of IRC.
• COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
• Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
• Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law