Business Support Assistant SC2 - WFP Seoul Office
Application deadline 1 year ago: Tuesday 31 Aug 2021 at 18:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Are you ready to change and save the lives of the world's most vulnerable people? If yes, this opportunity is for you!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Business Support Assistant Vacancy Number: 146546 Contract type: Service Contract (SC2) Duration: 06 months (extendable) Duty Station: Seoul, South Korea
Salary will be set in accordance with Republic of Korea Service Contract local salary scale, plus social security and other benefits.
This vacancy announcement is for Korean Nationals ONLY.
The WFP Seoul Office has been focusing on resource mobilization, advocacy and support of field operations, since the Republic of Korea has been transformed into a major donor from a recipient of WFP. Currently, the WFP Seoul is going through an exciting transformation to expand in public and private partnerships in order to facilitate resource mobilization. We are seeking qualified candidates to apply for this position to contribute to achieving Zero Hunger in our lifetime.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The job purpose is to deliver some routine business support tasks, to ensure that staff are effectively supported.
1. Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other materials, to meet the required demands of staff to time standards. 2. Respond to simple routine business support related queries with readily available support by senior staff, and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate response to enquiries. 3. Support the maintenance of office files, documents and records in accordance with established systems and processes, so that information is current and readily available for staff. 4. Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available. 5. Assist in creating simple images or information using standardised templates, such as graphs or tables to support the drafting of reports for staff. 6. Process travel and procurement requests with a proper supervision of Finance (HR and Admin Officer). 7. Assist Finance (HR and Admin) Officer in closing petty cash expenditures. 8. Drive safely and responsibly, complying with the driving laws of the country, strictly adhere to speed limits, and the rules set by office. 9. Complete the vehicle pre-check and logbook before and after each use. 10. Ad hoc task as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Experience: Two or more years of experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Having a valid driver license
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Ability to follow standard business support processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word and excel.
- Ability to provide information using courtesy and tact.
- Good attention to details.
- Previous work experience in International Organizations.
Language: Fluency and accuracy in both oral and written communication in English and Korean.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Wednesday 01 September 2021 01:59 AM South Korean Time.
This vacancy announcement is limited for Nationals from South Korea. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service