Business Support Assistant (Finance) SC4
Application deadline in 7 days: Wednesday 6 Jul 2022 at 01:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
This is an opportunity for an exciting and challenging position within a multicultural and interdisciplinary team, based in a unique location, on a highly relevant topic. In addition, we offer:
➡️Meaningful and impactful careers: Our daily work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
➡️ Continuous learning and training.
➡️ A multicultural and supportive work environment.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Auditing and Management control, or other relevant field.
- Four or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in Finance, Accounting, general administrative work or other related field.
- Have relevant professional experience of at least 2 years in the management of a development project or program
- Have a good command of computer tools (word processing and spreadsheet) and a good knowledge of accounting software in general and project accounting software in particular;
- Demonstrate a great capacity for organization and initiative Possess basic organizational skills and values
- Be able to work in a multicultural environment and be able to work in a team and under pressure
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) at a level appropriate for representation.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and simultaneously manage multiple tasks in an autonomous manner.
- Maturity, initiative, courtesy, tact, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Good computer knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated a good understanding of WFP processes to support invoice processing
- Demonstrate its ability to ensure accounting and financial monitoring by collecting and processing the necessary information
- Demonstrated ability to support administrative tasks
- Fluency in both oral and written French and intermediate knowledge (level B) in English.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Ensure various accounting treatments in compliance with segregation of duties in support of Associate finance in accordance with the accounting accounting accounting procedures of documents
- Ensure the day-to-day processing of all accounting documents submitted to it
- Ensure the keeping of accounting records
- Participate in the development of budgets and annual work plans in consultation with other team members.
- Participate in the realization of inventories ensure the classification and archiving of supporting documents of the Project's operations and any financial or accounting document according to predefined principles.
- Ensure the filing and archiving of supporting documents for the Project's operations and any financial or accounting documents according to predefined principles
- Participate in the review of expenses made by partners receiving project resources before any replenishment of financial resources.
- Perform any other tasks, related to its mission, that will be entrusted to it Participate in the implementation of administrative, financial, and accounting management tools
- Contribute to the production and make available financial information
- Contribute to the regular production of Financial Reports in the form provided for
- Check the conformity of invoices and receipts (reconciliation of invoices, purchase orders, delivery notes and receipt reports); Carry out an annual physical inventory of fixed assets and carry out reconciliations.
Togo, officially the Togolese Republic (Republique Togolaise) is one of the smallest countries in Africa and home to 8.6 million people. Situated in the Gulf of Guinea, Togo serves as a critical corridor to enable the COVID-19 response to landlocked countries in the Central Sahel region.
Togo’s economy depends heavily on both commercial and subsistence agriculture, with both sectors providing employment for 60 percent of the labour force. Socio-political and economic turmoil coupled with devastating floods and now COVID-19 have seen a deterioration in its food and nutritional situation.
Nearly 1.3 million (22 percent of the population) require humanitarian assistance and over 280,000 people are at risk of falling into food insecurity. This includes an 18 percent rise in Moderate Acute Malnutrition and a 6.8 percent rise in Severe Acute Malnutrition. 15.2 percent of these children are at grave risk if nutrition treatments are not received.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
This position is located in the Togo Country Office (Lomé). Job holders report to the Communications Officer or designate.
<pre dir="ltr" id="tw-target-text"> <span style="font-size:14.0px"><span style="font-family:Georgia, serif">Perform accounting and financial tasks that support the activities of all units and in general of WFP.</span></span>
WHY WORK WITH US?
TO SAVE AND CHANGE LIVES ❤ Make a difference, the world will notice. We are driven by our mission to fight global hunger and fuel dreams of a better future.
TO JOIN A GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍 Build bridges that unite people around the world. Being part of a global, diverse, and multicultural community like WFP will constantly expose you to innovative ideas and perspectives. The way we carry out our mission with a deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between each member of our global team will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on many levels.
UNLIMITED OPPORTUNITIES 💡 Unlock opportunities you never thought you would find. WFP goes wherever it's needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
A LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐ Go beyond yourself and discover your true potential. WFP offers life-changing experiences that you probably won't find in many other organizations.
Join us in making a difference, watch this video to learn more about us!!!
Click ‘Apply’ link below to start the application process. Candidate are requested to create an account in WFP E-Recruitment system before applying.
Please also include your CV with a cover letter, highlighting your motivation and suitability for this vacancy, as part of an online application.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including basic salary and medical insurance.
Please visit https://www.wfp.org/countries/togo to learn more about WFP’s operations in Togo.
- Only Togolese nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position
- Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills.
- WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test an interview.
WFP DOES NOT RECEIVE FEES AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT AND DOES NOT REQUIRE BANKING INFORMATION.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
July 5, 2022
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.