Business Support Assistant - Administration ( Travel & Events) SC, L4
Application deadline in 5 days: Wednesday 8 Feb 2023 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
WHY WORK AT WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤ Make a difference, the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍 Build bridges that unite people across the world. Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives. How we deliver our mission in a deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡 Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find. WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐ Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential. WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference. Watch this video to know more about us!! Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzGbaRAhz8&feature=youtu.be
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change. Food assistance extends well beyond the traditional view of “food aid” as transfers of food commodities to hungry people.
It seeks not only to save lives and protect livelihoods in the short term, but also to combat the root causes of hunger in the medium and long term for a world with zero hunger.”
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To deliver standard business support processes for AdminIstration, Travel and Events Management to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Liaise with Travel Agent ensuring WFP gets the best service and price for all travel.
- Create Travel Documents for release from Approving Officers.
- Review Travel expense claims details ensuring they are in line with travel itineraries and approved Travel authorizations and entered on the system.
- Produce monthly statistics for the Travel unit including the monthly statistics of all tickets purchased by the Country Office.
- Maintain the Trip Documents tracking system facilitating easy retrieval of required data or information
- Book hotels through contracted hotels or travel agents for official trips to the field or abroad.
- Assist in providing staff with information regarding requirements for travel both within the country and abroad.
- Assisting new International staff with accommodation and booking hotels.
- Liaise with client units to ensure that all required information is obtained to facilitate proper planning of events and/or missions in the Country Office or in the field.
- Provide assistance in additional duties as requested
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A university degree in Administration or any other related field Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work, customer service, travel & events management .
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and presentation.
- Ability to rectify problems requiring attention.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience in corporate ERP systems (e.g SAP) is highly desired.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Compensation & Benefit
WFP offers a competitive compensation package for Service Contract holders including:
- Attractive salary in accordance with industry standards.
- Medical coverage for staff and eligible dependents
- Variety of leave entitlements, including but not limited to 24 days annual leaves per year, maternity/paternity leave.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is a Service contract Agreement, contract duration is one year.
Extension is subject to satisfactory performance and fund availability.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submitting online applications will be on the 8th of February 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.