Business Process Analyst
Application deadline 2 months ago: Tuesday 6 Dec 2022 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a P-3 contract. This kind of contract is known as Professional and Director staff. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's a staff contract. It usually requires 5 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be between 130,785 USD and 171,253 USD.
Salary for a P-3 contract in GenevaThe international rate of 74,649 USD, with an additional 75.2% at this the location, applies.
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about P-3 contracts and their salaries.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The IMT department's main objective is to provide high quality and cost-effective Information and Communications Technology (ICT) services which assist WHO in achieving its mission of health for all. The objective of the Application and Information Management (AIM) team is to provide application management support, ongoing maintenance and evolution of the corporate portfolio of Applications and products. The key focus of Application and Information Management (AIM) includes:
- Managing and; delivering (with our support vendor) efficient, seamless and; cost effective support for corporate enterprise applications that currently fall under AIM (including ERP; Taleo, ServiceNow and Other Administrative Systems, etc…) maximizing the efficiency of WHO administrative operations.
- Developing the future direction of applications in the AIM portfolio, and; focus on leveraging more standard functionality and; reducing customizations.
- Ensuring overall governance and responsibility for activities and; roadmap decisions for the management of applications and systems.
- Managing and advocating a "partnership" with our vendors in delivering IMT services.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Promote, encourage and adopt out-of-the-box (standard product) functionality
- Facilitate and manage the definition of project scope, goals, planning of project timelines, project dependencies and deliverables for allocated projects
- Coordinate the efforts of the project and team members, including third-party consultants in order to deliver allocated projects according to plan
- Collaborate with business users, acting as the central point of contact for issue escalation and troubleshooting for allocated projects
- Ensure ongoing, accurate, timely project management reporting to project team members and responsible manager
- Oversee investigation of options and recommendations of appropriate solutions to address requested functionality
- Act as escalation focal point for issues raised by relevant stakeholders relating to assigned projects.
- Provide support for functional and technical direction for solutions around specific business requirements
- Provide information and guidance around cross-module dependencies and impacts for new functions and changes to existing functionality
- Assist in capturing of system requirements, design and prototype, test scenarios, testing and liaison with Training team for allocated projects
- Coordinate, support and participate in testing and resolution of any issues or problems
- Implement new and enhanced solutions in accordance with the Release and Change Management Processes
- Perform other duties as required by the supervisor.
- First level university degree in computer science, engineering, or information management or related discipline.
- Other first-level university degrees with relevant training and a minimum of 5 years of additional relevant work experience might be accepted in lieu of a computer science, engineering, information management or related degree.
- ITIL formal accreditation desirable.
- ERP and related certification / courses.
- Project Management accreditation.
- Sales force including Mulesoft, Appian or Service Now certification.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, some of which in an international context, in project application or product management, planning, design, development, deployment and improvement initiatives; and support related roles, including least 3 years of cross-functional ERP E-Business Suite experience in various Financial, HRand Programme SaaS applications, or service and customer management SaaS applications; and Reporting tools.
- Experience and understanding of DevOps and Application lifecycle management
- Experience working with end-user clients and business-area process leaders of business functions to develop requirements for new and enhanced functionality
- Experience in translating business issues into technology solutions
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and experience working within a team environment across business functions.
- Release 12.2 Oracle E-Business and/or Oracle WCC knowledge.
- Knowledge of WHO-specific GSM customizations
- Experience in WHO rules and procedures
- Experience in WHO computing environment
- Experience in working in a multicultural team, supporting a global user base and working with outsourced service providers.
- Project Management expertise
- Familiarity with PL/SQL language
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence solutions.
- Capable of prioritizing own workload in high pressure and time-constrained environment.
- Quality focused with excellent attention to detail.
- Analysis and troubleshooting skills, with aptitude/sound judgment for creative problem-solving.
- Customer focused with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude to skills and adapt to newer technologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable awareness/understanding and practice of the ITIL framework, CI/CD and application lifecycle management.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Desirable: Beginners knowledge of French.
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 62,692 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 4258 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
*For WHO General Service staff who do not meet the minimum educational qualifications, please see e-Manual III.4.1, para 220.