Business Operations and Finance Internship
Application deadline in 22 days: Thursday 1 Sep 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Internship contract. More about Internship contracts.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Unit of Information and Technology Management (ITM) in Copenhagen is responsible for supporting UNDP Country Offices around the world with ICT and Green Energy solutions. Our Unit offers a stimulating and versatile internship in an international environment with contact to various partners from some 166 countries with UNDP presence. We are a team who work in a dynamic and informal atmosphere, and we expect our interns to become vital members of the team.
As an intern, you will be given tasks and opportunities that have a direct global impact on the development efforts of the international community. The UNDP ITM internship programme enhances the academic life experience of passionate students as interns and empowers them to become socially responsible, innovative, and environmentally conscious leaders of tomorrow. We bridge the gap between textbook learning and real-life industry experience by taking interns behind the scenes of the world’s leading clean energy and sustainability initiatives, while learning to take into consideration the local context.
Being a part of our dynamic unit, you will also gain worldwide connections with other top-talented interns and UN staff from other agencies; our office is located at the UN City in Copenhagen, giving you the opportunity to interact with people outside the UNDP ITM Unit.
UNDP ITM Business Operations and Finance interns are part of the Service Delivery team which is the first responder to UNDP Ccountry Offices’ needs and supports ICT and Green Energy projects from a procurement, logistics and finance side. The team works closely with the Copenhagen Uunit and colleagues across the globe to support operations and programme work in some of the most challenging work environments with energy and ICT infrastructure. As part of the Crisis Rresponse Group of the UNDP, this work also serves to support UNDP’s resilience and recovery efforts in the wake of natural disasters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Country Offices across the unit´s key service lines in delivering innovative business solutions, sustainable Green Energy services, and world-connecting ICT solutions
- Support the team in procuring IT equipment with detailed tasks ranging from need analysis, requests for quotation, evaluation, purchase, and delivery
- Assist in the preparation of global shipments of equipment with third parties
- Assist in preparing financial analysis to support the team cost recovery functions, reconciliation, budgeting, and financial reporting
- Assist the project management of client-facing delivery and the implementation of new processes inside the unit
- Participate in the recruitment of new interns and assist the team with the onboarding trainings
- Draft and update the Unit’s documentation to support the continuous improvement of Service Delivery processes and procedures, instructions, and templates for best practice
- Assist the Unit in organizing internal and external conferences
- Support the Unit in gathering, consolidating and analysing data from databases and reports.
- Account Management: Has interest and understanding of customer-oriented service delivery process including procurement, logistics and/or finance
- Innovation: Has interest in delivering innovative and sustainable solutions for Country Offices, focusing on ICT and green renewable innovations
- Problem Solving: Has proactive hands-on approach, also when operating with limited information
- Communication: Communicates effectively with colleagues when working in a team and has a proactive attitude with a goal-oriented mindset
- Project Management: Able to organize and structure different tasks, has good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation
- Collaboration: Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Interest and motivation in working in an international organization
Required Skills and Experience
- You must meet one of the following requirements:
- You are currently in the final year of your bachelor’s degree; or
- You are currently enrolled in a master’s degree; or
- You have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies in the field of international business, finance, management, economics, administration or equivalent
- Experience in one of the following fields is required: account management, finance, logistics, procurement, HR, or administration
- Experience with customer-oriented service delivery processes is an advantage
- Experience with procurement processes is an advantage
- Experience with cost recovery, reconciliation, budgeting, and financial reporting is an advantage
- Experience with HR recruiting, and training is an advantage
- Proficiency in Excel is an advantage
- SharePoint knowledge, preferably SharePoint Online is an advantage
CRM/ERP systems knowledge is an advantage
Fluent in written and spoken English is required. Working Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage
- In accordance with the UNDP Internship policy, UNDP interns are eligible to receive a monthly stipend, with the rate that varies depending on the duty location. The stipend will be paid monthly, and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, UNDP will, subject to the rules of such institution, government or a third party, pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable UNDP stipend.
Except for the stipend, all other expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring government, or institutions.
- Interns are not considered staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
- Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of their internship with UNDP and must provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. UNDP will not reimburse the medical insurance of the intern. Any costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern.
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNDP, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship.
The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed.
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship.
- The intern must provide proof of enrolment in a health insurance plan.
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
You are expected to work full time, but flexibility is allowed for your education programme.
Eligibility for residency and undertaking internship in Denmark
- The intern will have to make his/her own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation etc.