Business and Human Rights Knowledge Management and Communication Officer
Application deadline 3 months ago: Saturday 5 Feb 2022 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
The aim of the Business and Human Rights (B+HR Asia) programme is to promote the implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs) as a means to mitigate business related human rights risks and impacts, level the playing field to allow responsible businesses to remain competitive, while promoting multilateral solutions to global challenges. The project is focused on South and Southeast Asia implementing a broad range of activities targeting a variety of stakeholders including governments, state officials, members of the business sec-tor, Civil Society Organizations, National Human Rights Institutions, UN entities and international organizations, and influencers in the area of business, human rights and economic policy. The project is carried out in seven Asian countries: India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Mongolia with € 6.5 million funding from the European Union’s Partnership Instrument.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Business and Human Rights Regional Advisor or his/her designated mandated representative, the UN Volunteer Business and Human Rights Knowledge Management and Communications Officer will report to the Business and Human Rights Regional Specialist and ensure effective monitoring and reporting of results as well as knowledge management. The Business and Human Rights Knowledge Management and Communications Officer, well placed to measure and report on results and lessons learned, will ensure that the project communication strategy is implemented. In this regard, the Officer will: Communications and Outreach:
• Manage communication budget;
• Produce content for online project platforms and social media channels, co-ordinate vendors providing IT, graphic design and communication services, ensure that all online platforms are well-maintained and up-to-date; • Track viewership and engagement levels on multiple platforms • Review drafts of reports, issue briefs and other knowledge products. • Lead regional work on the environment with research partners • Produce communication and advocacy instruments and materials and organize awareness-raising campaigns, including newsletters, briefing materials and press releases as required; • Coordinate and support communication activities across seven project countries, ensure consistency of messaging and compliance with UNDP, B+HR Asia and donor editorial and branding guidelines; • Develop short- and long-term communication plans, ensure donor and programme visibility and promote project activities; • Oversee all communication-related activities of the project, report on outputs and impact, adjust communications plans and activities based on programme priorities, context development and rising trends in the Asia region
Knowledge Management and Project Coordination:
• Support Regional Business and Human Rights Specialist in the management and coordination of the meetings and other project management-related meetings; • Serve as the project’s knowledge management focal point; • Maintain internal knowledge sharing platforms; • Coordinate, identify, develop and disseminate knowledge products and les-sons learned; • Manage publication processes within the B+HR Asia team; coordinate with country offices, the regional knowledge management team and head quarter offices to ensure compliance with organizational knowledge management procedures; • Ensure timely and effective responses to inquiries for public information materials; • Ensure provision of support to the management of ongoing project activities; • Provide inputs in the elaboration of the work plan; • Assist in arranging logistics, preparing agenda and coordinating with related stakeholders for organizing workshops as and when required; • Assist in organizing the planned events of the project.
☐ Client Orientation ☐ Commitment and Motivation ☐ Commitment to Continuous Learning ☐ Communication ☐ Creativity ☐ Empowering Others ☐ Ethics and Values ☐ Integrity ☐ Judgement and Decision-making ☒ Knowledge Sharing ☐ Leadership ☐ Managing Performance ☐ Planning and Organizing ☐ Professionalism ☐ Respect for Diversity ☐ Self-Management ☒ Technological Awareness ☐ Vision ☐ Working in Teams
graphic design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) accompanied by an elevated aesthetic sensibility • Strong expertise in using social media platforms and tracking impact • Experience in managing website and software development professionals; competency in managing webpage management platforms, such as Adobe CQ5 or WordPress; MS Office Publisher
• Excellent drafting skills in English language; accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing is highly valued • Experience writing persuasive messages for a range of audiences, including press re-leases, articles, blogs, newsletters; • Experience in basic document layout
• Experience leading digital content creation, including shooting and editing video • Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports • Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software is desirable
The selected candidate should also have excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grass-roots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development; Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
Lastly, an affinity with or interest in responsible business issues, and volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Thailand is located in Southeast Asia. The climate is tropical, with the monsoon season running from May/June through October/November. Bangkok is the capital of Thailand, and it is also the most populated city in the country. It is located in the Chao Phraya River delta in the central part of the country. Bangkok has an estimated population of 8.75 million as of 2017 (13% of Thailand’s total population), based on data from the 2010 census. Over the past decades, Bangkok has grown rapidly with little urban planning or regulation. This has led to traffic congestion and air pollution, and there is frequent flooding of streets during the rainy season in the City’s low-lying areas. The cost of living in Thailand is relatively low, as compared to many other capitals in Southeast Asia. Housing is widely available in various sizes and at various price points. Private healthcare in Thailand is of excellent standard, and there are numerous top hospitals in Bangkok, which fall far below countries like the US in terms of price. There are numerous high-quality international schools available in Bangkok, with English as the language of instruction. Bangkok has different public transportation options, including the BTS Skytrain and MRT Underground, metered taxis, mobile-based ride-hailing services (Grab, All Thai Taxi, etc.), tuk tuks, motorbike taxis, buses and boats.