Business Analysis Officer, P-2, TA (364 days), Operations and Finance PFP, Geneva, Switzerland
Application deadline 3 months ago: Monday 17 Oct 2022 at 21:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a P-2 contract. This kind of contract is known as Professional and Director staff. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's a staff contract. It usually requires 2 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be between 101,022 USD and 137,213 USD.
Salary for a P-2 contract in GenevaThe international rate of 57,661 USD, with an additional 75.2% at this the location, applies.
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about P-2 contracts and their salaries.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
To support private sector fund-raising objectives related to the 2022-2025 strategic plan, the PFP finance section is leading the financial reporting, preparation, collection, forecasting, simulation, monitoring, benchmarking, and review of financial and fundraising data. Various analyses within finance include analysis for forecasting and projecting of Revenue and Expenses, Joint Strategic Plan, Gross Revenue, and Investment Funds, as well as analyzing and reconciling data from various PFP, UNICEF, and external sources.
BAU (Business and Analysis Unit) within the finance section, manages a number of analysis and corporate reporting systems and solutions used for the purposes of data entry, business analysis, performance reporting, budget management, and managerial and financial accounting. It is responsible for delivering strategic analysis from all data sources to PFP, National Committees, and UNICEF country offices. These analyses are delivered in different formats according to the audience such as Power BI dashboards, PowerPoint presentations, excel dashboards, tables, etc.
For every child, a Champion
The Business and Analysis team within the BAU requires a temporary resource:
- To conduct business analysis, application development support, and creation of Power BI and excel dashboards. The role will combine analytical and technical support as required
- Analysis of the fundraising business, creation of Excel and Power BI dashboards, monitoring and checking data, support in revenue forecasting and ad-hoc analysis as requested, and
- Support the business analysis function of BAU to move from a reactive service provider to an empowered strategic advisory function in PFP’ s strategic analysis provided to all stakeholders
How can you make a difference?
The key functions, accountabilities, and related tasks are:
1. Financial Analysis
- Develop models/reports to analyze accuracy of forecasting versus reporting
- Assist in developing annual revenue and expenditure forecasts
- Analyze revenue and expenditure global trends from various reporting sources, including the Revenue and Expenditure Report (RER) the Quarterly Financial Scorecard (QFS), and the Joint Strategic Plan (JSP)
- Ensure data consistency between budget, forecasts, latest estimates, and actuals
- Conduct profitability analysis and highlight growth drivers
- Assist the Business Analyst P3 and Finance Manager in preparing communication and different presentations
- Assist the Business Analyst P3 and the Finance Manager with unit planning Impact of Results:
- Reliable and relevant data is provided transparently to senior colleagues in UNICEF as well as to donors and the UNICEF Executive Board. Business processes are optimized to reduce transaction time and free up resources. The impact of BAU and finance projects is communicated in a clear and compelling manner. The overall goals of the Budget & Analysis Unit are met through effective assistance and planning
3. Capacity building
- Build capacity of PFP, NC and COs in applications use, data interpretation and analytics, PFP Dashboard, and BI tools
- Lead webinars for users related to applications, data, PFP dashboard, and cubes
4. Provide other support to the BAU team and Finance Manager:
- Preparation of relevant financial analyses for UNICEF and PFP senior management
- Preparation of presentations, flow charts, and templates related to PFP analytics, BAU unit, PFP Dashboard, and other
- Other reconciliations, analytics, data preparation, and verification
- Other BI-related projects
- Other tasks as may be requested by the supervisors.
- Analysis on financial KPI’s - RER 2022
- JSP template in order to help JSP negotiations with National Committees
- Control and checking of all the existent PFP Finance Dashboards
- All other Ad hocs as requested by Business Analyst and Finance Manager
Estimated Duration of the contract
- 364 Days
- Business Analyst Specialist (P3), PFP Finance, Geneva HQ
- Geneva, Switzerland
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A first-level university degree in business, finance, accounting, economics, business intelligence, data science, or related area.
- At least 2 years of experience in consolidation and analysis of data and creation of Dashboards.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint - to prepare, check, maintain, and optimize the existing reports
- Knowledge in Power BI and DAX or other BI tools will be an asset, a business intelligence-oriented person will be a plus.
- Knowledge and experience working with ETLs will be an asset, we manage a varied range of sources
- Advanced skills in making user-friendly and dynamic reports, dashboards, and charts
- Fully oriented on hand-on-work on preparation, advising, optimizing reports, data, tables, etc.
- Extremely oriented to details - to prepare and check all the data, formulas, and calculations in the reports we deliver daily
- Excellent understanding of business analysis, budget, financial management, and managerial accounting
- Understanding fundraising KPI’s an asset.
- UN/UNICEF experience an asset
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1) are required.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks, and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF PFP-Geneva is currently reviewing organizational changes; therefore, the exact future location of the post is still under consideration/to be determined. Candidates may be asked to commence duties remotely. Should the selected candidate be assigned and relocate to Geneva, they may later be asked to relocate and be assigned to another location during the initial contract or assignment period.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.