Beirut FO: Programme Assistant (Operation and data coordination) SC5
Application deadline 4 days ago: Thursday 30 Nov 2023 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
UN World Food Programme – Lebanon
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. 830356
Programme Assistant (Operation and data coordination)
Service Contract (SC)
Beirut Field Office
12 Months (Renewable based on business need and performance)
Date of issue:
17 November 2023
30 November 2023
WFP Lebanon encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability. WFP does not charge a fee or request bank details at any stage of the recruitment process.
WFP Lebanon offers flexible working hours schedule upon prior approval.
Our premises are accessible, and we are committed to accommodating any required reasonable accessible needs to remove barriers in the workplace.
As an inclusive employer, WFP is committed to providing a supportive recruitment process for individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com (and copying in [email protected]) to advise us the type of support and reasonable adjustments you may require at this stage. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs.
This position will close on 30 November 2023, 11:59 PM Rome time.
Assisting more than 115.5 million people in 120 + countries each year, the World Food Program (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
As the international community has committed to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition by
2030, one in nine people worldwide still do not have enough to eat. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty.
WFP Lebanon provides humanitarian assistance to over 2 million vulnerable persons for food and other essential needs through cash-based transfers and in-kind food. WFP Lebanon also provides food assistance in the form of snacks and fresh food to school aged students and promotes resilient livelihoods and sustainable food systems. In addition to direct assistance to the most food insecure and vulnerable people, WFP also supports government institutions, partners, and other entities to strengthen their capacity to deliver social assistance.
To know more about WFP’s mission, please check the below video: https://www.facebook.com/WorldFoodProgramme/videos/10154930622760178/
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Within the assigned unit and delegated authority, under the direct supervision of the Programme Associate (Operation & Data Coordination) and the overall supervision of the Heads of Field Office, incumbents will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Support the coordination with other relevant functions at the Field Office (FO) and Country Office (CO) to ensure that WFP’s delivery setup matches the requirements and targets of WFP programmes and that WFP project acti vities are implemented smoothly and in line with WFP’s strategy and SOPs.
- Support coordination with relevant internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation, reconciliation and monitoring of WFP project activities to meet the targets of the different programmes and inform decision making at FO level.
- Assist the Programme Associate (Operation & Data Coordination) in overseing the work of Cooperating Partners (CPs) related to the delivery of WFP programmes and provide technical support and guidance to CPs on WFP programme implementation, data management and documentation, through remote support and regular field visits.
- Support the effective management of the delivery, storage, handover to partners and reconciliation of CBT payment instruments at FO level in compliance with established SOP. Perform regular reconciliation with CPs of CBT payment instruments that are under the custody of the CPs to ensure proper segregation of duties for dual custody of payment instruments in line with established SOPs and agreements with CPs.
- Lead the processing and managing of service and payment lists to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide support to ensure integrity of beneficiary data collected by CPs and perform quality data cleansing and other data related tasks as required (e.g., deduplication) throughout the lifespan of WFP programmes.
- Assist the Programme Associate (Operation & Data Coordination) to support the preparation and implementation of monthly distribution cycles for WFP’s programmes, through the preparation of distribution lists, support to distribution processes and distribution reconciliation.
- Follow up on beneficiaries complaints/issues received through various WFP systems/tools and effectively coordinate with relevant units to ensure they are addressed and maintain timely updates on issues status on systems/tools .
- Support to record programme data in a timely and accurate manner and ensure consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Gather and provide relevant inputs for reports and analysis around the implementation of WFP programmes (incl. situation reports, mapping and data visualization and donor briefings and reports), contributie to advocacy efforts to various stakeholders and collect best practices and lessons learned from the field in relation to data.
- Assist in managing, upgrading, maintaining, and providing technical support of databases used in the operation, including planning and overseeing data collection, input and verifications.
- Keep apprised of evolving technology and new business needs to support operational data management systems.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate or university degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other the related functional area is a plus.
Language: Fluency in both written and oral communication in English and Arabic.
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in working with database utilization including database development and maintenance (using MySQL, spreadsheets and other software packages).
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Previous experience with the implementation of cash-based programmes as well as data visualization is an advantage.
- Maturity and professional ability to handle sensitive information.
WFP Leadership Framework: Common Standards of Behaviour
- Leads by Example with Integrity
- Upholds WFP values, principles, and standards
- Respects others and values diversity
- Stays focused and calm under pressure
- Demonstrates humility and a willingness to learn
- Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
- Delivers results for maximum impact
- Delegates appropriately
- Adapts readily to change
- Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative
- Is inclusive and collaborative
- Gives timely and constructive feedback
- Builds and shares new perspective
- Applies Strategic Thinking
- Communicates and fulfils WFP’s vision
- Embraces curiosity and new ways of doing things
- Analyses and evaluates data
- Considers the impact of decisions
- Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
- Builds partnerships
- Collaborates to deliver common objectives
Applications must be submitted online:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Step 1: To apply to this position, click on the link existing at the end of this page.
- Step 2: You will be directed to WFP Official Website to view the vacancy details. Click on Apply to be directed to the application process
- Step 3: if you do not have an account, you will have to create your profile and submit your CV in the platform
- Step 4: Once your profile is completed, Click on “Apply” to submit your application
NOTE: You must complete Step 3 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy