Banking configuration developer
Application deadline in 18 days: Wednesday 13 Jul 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a IICA-1 contract. This kind of contract is known as International Individual Contractor Agreements. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's an external contract. It usually requires 2 years of experience, depending on education. More about IICA-1 contracts.
Background information - ITG
The UNOPS Information Technology Group (ITG) unit is focused on innovation and harnessing cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs.
Working with UNOPS IT Group is a unique opportunity to deliver systems to users around the world - making an impact on development and solving practical problems for the UNOPS workforce and thereby help people build better lives and countries achieve peace and sustainable development.
ITG’s goal is to provide greater effectiveness, efficiency, and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. UNOPS IT Group is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS IT infrastructure and business applications. The unit includes Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Solutions Designers, Developers and QA Testers from all around the world who are based primarily in Denmark and Thailand.
Reporting to the Product Manager for Finance, the Developer works closely with other members of the ITG team to undertake developments in order to deliver business solutions. The developer will primarily focus on:
1. Manage and be the technical expert for the end to end payment and forecasting process
2. Technical review and testing
1. Manage and be the technical expert for the end to end payment and forecasting process
- Liaise with banks, UNOPS’ front office, middle office and back office teams to understand and develop payment requests as per specifications.
- Develop and maintain automated payments in the ERP and associated 3rd party software.
- Coordinate the onboarding of new bank accounts (SWIFT connectivity), scenario testing, penny testing, and go-live in collaboration with UNOPS’ middle office.
- Respond to support tickets relating to payment process.
- Maintain detailed technical documentation
- Analyse, design, coordinate and develop detailed technical specifications and translates them into solutions
- Develop new modules / functionality within existing systems
- Ensure optimal performance, scalability, and usability of business applications by adhering to established and evolving architectural standards developed by the Enterprise Architecture team and Platforms team
2. Performs technical review and testing of code for business applications
- Review own and other team members / external developers code to ensure quality and adherence to coding standards and practices instituted within the team
- Undertake unit and other forms of technical testing of business applications, ensuring that business applications work as intended and making sure the applications are optimized in terms of performance and usability. Suggests new approaches and/or tools that may be used to improve testing
- Perform technical testing of existing and new functionality and when upgrades / patches are applied
- Assist the Testing and Quality Assurance team in troubleshooting anomalies, understanding impacts and identifying solutions to bugs or gaps in functionality
- Adequately document all work activities, including code specifications and test plans
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles. Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role). Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries. Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements. Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving. Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Compuer Science or other relevant discipline is required
- Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master's degree
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience with .NET, .NET Core or ASP.NET development in C#
- Strong SQL skills (MS SQL Server) are required
- Good knowledge and understanding of Web Service API’s especially in regard to integration
- Knowledge of the ExtJS framework would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to get hands on and be comfortable with bespoke interfaces
- Experience with developing business applications within large and complex enterprise IT environments would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Unit4 Business World/Agresso workflow and security, Forms, Report Creator Tool, and Agresso Customisation Tool (ACT) would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Kyriba system would be a distinct advantage,
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: International ICA Contract level: I-ICA 1 Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.