Atlassian Solution Coordinator
Application deadline 4 months ago: Sunday 15 May 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a IICA-1 contract. This kind of contract is known as International Individual Contractor Agreements. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's an external contract. It usually requires 2 years of experience, depending on education. More about IICA-1 contracts.
Background Information - Job-specific
The UNOPS Information Technology Group (ITG) unit is focused on innovation and harnessing cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs.
Working with UNOPS IT Group is a unique opportunity to deliver systems to users around the world - making an impact on development and solving practical problems for the UNOPS workforce and thereby helping people build better lives and countries achieve peace and sustainable development.
ITG’s goal is to provide greater effectiveness, efficiency, and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. UNOPS IT Group is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS IT infrastructure and business applications. The unit includes Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Solutions Designers, Developers and QA Testers from all around the world who are based primarily in Denmark and Thailand.
The Atlassian Solution Coordinator will be part of the Common and Platforms Team and will be responsible for migration, maintenance and stakeholder management when it comes to the Atlassian Suite . The Common & Platforms team support multi-stakeholder interest across UNOPS, providing flexible and configurable platforms that support multiple business goals.
Reporting to the Product Manager in Commons and Platforms team, the Atlassian Solution Coordinator shall work with ITG teams and other business units in UNOPS to support the development of their skills and capacity in using SaaS solutions, including Atlassian Cloud.
Summary of functions:
- Atlassian Cloud Business Support
- Atlassian Cloud Platform Management
- Business Solutions
- Training, knowledge management and capacity development activities
1. Atlassian Cloud Business Support
- Conduct business needs analysis assessments with relevant stakeholders to ensure business requirements and needs are captured, met, and that the appropriate solution is delivered.
- Provide clear and concise documentation that supports the milestones of the implementation of a given project, represents key business decisions made and obtains relevant sign-offs before deployment.
- Actively engages with stakeholders to help them transform complex information into business process flows, advising them on the best suitable Atlassian Cloud Solution.
2. Atlassian Cloud Platform Management
- Perform regular system monitoring tasks on assigned applications, including reviewing system and audit logs, new Atlassian documentation, with a focus on addressing performance concerns, and in introducing new features.
- Create and implement standard templates, defining common and reusable workflows, fields, permission schemes etc, that can be used across the organisation, resorting to custom customization when the unique business case requires it.
- Determine ways to optimise and improve Atlassian setups and workflows, and identify where functionality can or cannot meet user requests.
- Manage and maintain the entire Atlassian suite of applications including plug-ins.
- Monitor issues reported to System Support, watch for trends in issues, analyse and troubleshoot issues to determine depth and severity and investigate potential workarounds
- Assist stakeholders with user acceptance testing, defect reporting and resolution.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for user experience and usage, be familiar with how users use the tools, what features/functionalities are used, and common use case scenarios performed.
3. Business Solutions
- Assist ITG with identifying and integrating SaaS and other off-the-shelf IT solutions into the UNOPS IT landscape.
- Proactive research and development of IT best practices for systems and processes related to SaaS and other off-the-shelf IT solutions.
- Help solve technical problems through the use of SaaS and other off-the-shelf IT, and help scale by managing the application lifecycle from solution identification to implementation.
- Act as subject matter expert on different technologies and provide recommendations to businesses on how to improve their process through the use of these technologies, such as opportunities for automation.
4. Training, knowledge management and capacity development activities
- Provide training including identification of needs, development of materials, communications of changes of platforms (new features), manual maintenance, etc.
- Facilitate training and workshops on the Atlassian Cloud and other IT platforms to develop knowledge and contribute to the successful delivery
- Promote best practices, share lessons learned and contribute to the wider community of practice
- Assist selected offices on piloting the solution
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles. Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role). Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries. Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements. Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving. Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
EDUCATION- Masters Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Systems or other related scientific or technical discipline is required. - A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master's Degree. - Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master's Degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in configuring SaaS to deliver business software solutions is required.
- Experience in migrating from Atlassian Server products to Atlassian Cloud products is required.
- Deep familiarity in the Atlassian SaaS stack, including JIRA software, JIRA service management, JIRA work management, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Access is required.
- Experience in creating JIRA and Service Desk workflows including project workflows, security schemes, screen schemes, JIRA vocabulary, permission and notification schemes is required
- Experience in recommending process efficiency/optimization in collaborative settings would be an advantage
- Work experience in international organizations is an asset.
- The candidate must be comfortable with speaking, presenting, and answering questions at meetings and workshops.
- The candidate must be able to effectively troubleshoot issues in a tight timeline.
- The candidate must be able to work independently and in an interactive group environment.
- Fluency in English required.
- Working knowledge of another UN language(s) will be considered an asset.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: International Individual Contract Agreement Contract level: I-ICA 1 Contract duration: 1 year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.