Associate Registration and Identity Officer
Application deadline 2 years ago: Sunday 13 Sep 2020 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the authority of the Deputy Representative (Protection) and the direct supervision of the Protection Officer (PO), in accordance with the human principles and values of the United Nations and in accordance with the Code of Conduct of the UNHCR, the Volunteer will assume the following functions:
- Promote the principles of the law of stateless persons, the prevention and reduction of statelessness;
- Assist the office in the organization of events (workshops, conferences, etc.) relating to statelessness;
- Assist in the preparation of training materials;
- Help update and manage the distribution of documents and other awareness-raising materials in the country;
- Maintain a database on statistics and profiling of people at risk of statelessness;
- Conduct documentary research on issues related to statelessness;
- Maintain a database of Chadian laws relating to migration, the protection of stateless persons and nationality;
- Attend meetings and conferences and write reports using technical protection terms;
- To keep informed and respond to correspondence, reports received from local authorities or stateless persons or else persons at risk of statelessness;
- Monitor coordination efforts with field offices (SOs and FOs);
- Help to find suitable solutions for the situation of Chadian returnees at risk of statelessness
- Monitor the achievement of Chad's 7 pledges to reduce the risk of statelessness
- Perform any other duties required by the supervisor.
Required degree level:
Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Legal or political sciences; International relations or any other similar field.
- 2 - 3 of working experience with the United Nations or in an NGO working directly with human rights issues, refugees, internally displaced or stateless persons or people at risk of statelessness may be an asset
- Experience in volunteering is an asset.
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise:
Legal research, International law, Other legal experience
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 13-09-2020