Associate Programme Management Officer
Application deadline 7 months ago: Sunday 3 Jul 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
Result of Service An operational data ecosystem with several data sources and providing portals and data analytics. Implementation of various DAG (Data Action Group) stipulations and initiatives.
Work Location Office at ESCWA
Expected duration 6 months
Duties and Responsibilities 1. Conducts methodological research, analyzes, and presents information gathered from various data sources on assigned topics;
2. Assists in the exploration, identification, and acquisition of data sources to determine their suitability for use in decision making and advancing the goals of the organization.
3. Support the establishment of best practices around data governance and data science activity in the organization
4. Translates data results into written reports or presentations to convey substantive information for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends.
5. Leverage the use of data science methods to generate data insights suitable to oversight bodies to include briefings, reports, interactive portals, and documentation.
6. Coordinate project-level planning and preparation, monitors status of project execution, and takes necessary action to ensure project is on track.
7. Assists in the process of contracting consultants, individual contractors and other experts in preparation of relevant documents through drafting terms of reference
8. Participates in collaborative projects for the development and testing of new methods including machine learning algorithms, Big Data, and non-traditional data sources;
9. Create simple data visualizations for internal or external use independently
10. Assist in planning and implementing activities/processes for large and highly complex technology programme/project initiatives.
11. Keeps up-to-date with developments in the ICT field; conducts research on new technologies, performs benchmarking, proposes new acquisitions, and assists in the implementation of new technologies.
12. Supports vendor management, with particular focus on assuring that vendor work adheres to requirements.
13. Contributes to the design and development of customized visualization and presentation products, and data science products with the application of advanced analytical methods, artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive analytics, data and text mining, natural language processing, statistics, and use of relevant algorithms and computational approaches.
14. Proposes agenda topics for DAG meetings and assists in promoting the use of data science solutions through client training to extend the capabilities of client offices.
15. Serves as a focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of programme/project implementation activities, involving extensive liaison with different organizational units.
16. Participates in research activities and studies as a technical resource person to the preparation of various written outputs (e.g., draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, minutes of meetings, etc.).
Qualifications/special skills Academic Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, or technology-focused field is required. Experience: At least 2 years of work experience in data management best practices and implementing emerging technologies in an institutional context is required. Experience in taking a proactive role in drafting the background material of corporate strategies on data innovation and innovations in the field of statistics is required. Knowledge of fundamental management practices and business structures is a plus, having to assist in developing implementation plans/roadmaps and bridging communication between stakeholders at multiple levels and across several offices is desirable. Up-to-date knowledge about emerging technologies within a sustainable development context is desirable. Language: Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
No Fee THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.