Air Operations Assistant
Application deadline 6 months ago: Tuesday 15 Dec 2020
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of OIC Air Operations Bentiu, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Pre-Planning activities within the state, which is submitted to Mission Air Operations Center(MAOC) for approval;
- Preparing Air tasking Orders (ATOs) from the daily flight schedule (DFS) and providing them to crew for execution;
- Processing Daily Flight schedule into AIMS;
- Monitoring all Flights in the states and those transisting from Juba or other Air Regions and providing timely resources to enable turn round;
- Coordinating with Local Civil Aviation Officials for smooth and efficient air operations;
- Briefing Aircrew and state aviation personnel on Notice to Airmen (NOTAMS) and other available information concerning flight operations;
- Liaising with the Field State administrator (FAO) re all aviation requirements for the state and any TOB/COB/CSB within the state;
- Securing mine and security clearance, and threat assessment reports;
- Taking charge of of all aviation property in the state including air assets and aviation equipment;
- Providing weather reports at destinations and alternate airfields;
- Reporting all changes and deviations to OIC Air Operations Bentiu, MAOC duty officer and Chief Air Operations;
- Reporting and filing all observed safety hazards in the state;
- Maintaining a database of crew lists and Risk/Threat assessment forms;
- Checking Fuel status and availability both in the state and any relevant TOB/CSB;
- Preparing daily Sitreps and submit to Juba after last flght;
- Verifying the Aircraft Use Reports for state based air assets on daily basis and file information in the relevant Electronic databases in accordance with UN requirements;
- Ensure all AUR’s are forwarded to Technical Compliance Unit in Juba on time;
- Monitoring crew duty times and air assets flight hour utilization;
- Participate in capacity building to National staff members;
- Check serviceability of aviation Equipment on daily basis;
- Check Runway condition and submit HLS & Ramp hazard report to Juba before flight Operations;
- Provide apron management and bay allocation for accommodating different categories of aircraft during peak Hour;
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the OIC Air operations Bentiu, Chief Air operations or the Chief Aviation Officer;
Required degree level:
Education - Additional Comments:
Should have proven training in the Aviation Industry, Ramp Operations, Dispatch , Flight Operations.
At least 3 Years of experience in the Aviation industry, (Flight Operations/Dispatch certificate, Air traffic Control certificate are desirable)
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Air transport, air traffic control and safety
Area of expertise details:
Computer skills: Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.)
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 15-12-2020