Application deadline 3 years ago: Sunday 20 Sep 2020 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the IFAD Country programme Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Collect, update and synthesize data and information related to agricultural and rural sector development ;
- Analyse progress related to agricultural and rural sector policies and institutions in Madagascar ;
Participate in relevant thematic meetings on poverty, agricultural and rural development, food and nutrition security, etc.
Contribute to the technical annual review of the IFAD portfolio and country-strategy programme ;
- Contribute to achieve the knowledge management strategy and activities of the portfolio, in collaboration with CAPFIDA ;
- Participate in the design of new projects, the implementation support and supervision missions for current IFAD portfolio and project completion missions and reports ;
- Contribute to the development of partnerships between IFAD, FAO, WFP and other partners, and follow-up partnership in place, including South-south triangular cooperation ;
Liaise with the local JICA office to seek possibilities of collaborative activities between IFAD and JICA in line with IFNA (Initiative for Food and Nutrition Security in Africa), SHEP (Smallholder Horticulture Empowerment and Promotion) and CARD (Coalition for African Rice Development), where appropriate
Any other relevant tasks scheduled and assigned by his supervisor.
Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- French(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise:
Other agriculture related experience, Other civil society or community development experience
Area of expertise details:
- Mandatory: Agriculture and Rural development
- Additional: Knowledge management
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Vision, Working in Teams
This assignment is funded by JICA, therefore only former Japan Overseas Cooperation Volunteers (JICA-JOCV) who could get recommendation by JICA-JOCV Secretariat are eligible to apply. Please check your application eligibility here: https://www.jica.go.jp/volunteer/obog/career_support/unv/index.html
This is a UN Volunteer assignment and eligible candidates must be 25 years of age or older.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection will be done by the UN Host Entity at the level of the country of assignment, via competency-based interviews held via skype or telephone.
How to apply
Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have an account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’.
You may apply to a maximum of three assignments per advertisement and indicate your order of preference in the ‘Additional Remarks’ section of your profile.
Application deadline: 20 September 2020