Agricultural Census Support Specialist - St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Application deadline 1 year ago: Friday 26 Feb 2021 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
The Sub-Regional Office for the Caribbean (SLC) is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing sub-regional food, agriculture and rural development priorities. It develops and maintains relations with sub-region wide institutions including Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Sub-Regional Office is a subsidiary of FAO’s Regional Office for the Latin America and the Caribbean (RLC).
The Agricultural Census Support Specialist will work under the overall supervision of the Sub-Regional Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Lead Technical Officer – Sub-regional Statistician. He/she will work in close collaboration with the FAO International Consultant and the Agricultural Census Project Focal Point for the Government of St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
The position focuses on supporting the agricultural census planning in St. Vincent and the Grenadines through the technical cooperation programme entitled “Technical Assistance for Planning of Agricultural Census 2022 of St. Vincent and the Grenadines”.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support FAO technical missions and International consultants in facilitating the census activities;
- Support FAO International Consultants in preparing a full-fledge census project document and the development of the census methodology and instruments;
- Support the work of International Consultants and visiting FAO staff and take follow-up actions;
- Be responsible for sourcing data and information directly from the primary target groups, stakeholders and partners of the project;
- Follow-up on FAO correspondence and other matters related to the agricultural census with the Government;
- Organize stakeholders workshops and consultation meetings with experts and partner departments to evaluate the plan of the agricultural census;
- Support the Government through Donor's meetings for commitments of funding of the agricultural census;
- Review the existing national legal framework governing statistical activities;
- Prepare progress reports of project activities including major achievements and problems in project implementation, and end of project report;
- Perform any other duties to assure successful implementation of the project.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Statistics, Agricultural Economics or closely related technical field.
- At least 7 years of relevant working experience in project formulation and coordination, including experience in planning censuses or surveys.
- Working knowledge of English.
- National of St. Lucia or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience working in the agricultural sector, including fisheries will be an asset.
- Experience in the formulation of technical assistance projects, provision of technical support and preparation/implementation of capacity building in the field of agriculture.
- Experience in conducting quantitative analyses, analytical studies and methodological research in agriculture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in statistics in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.