Administrative Assistant (Protocol & NFI Customs) SC4 - Kabul
Application deadline 3 months ago: Thursday 27 Oct 2022 at 22:29 UTCOpen application form
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Protocol & NFI Customs) Grade: SC4 Type of contract: Service Contract Duration: 12 Months - with possibility of extension Duty Station: Kabul Country Office Vacancy Number: 176041 Date of Publication: 13 Oct 2022 Deadline of Application: 27 Oct 2022
This vacancy announcement is for Afghan nationals only and WFP encourages especially Afghan females and Afghans with disabilities to apply.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The hunger crisis in Afghanistan is unfolding at a rapidly, with over half the country’s population of 40 million now facing acute food insecurity—the highest number the humanitarian community has ever seen in Afghanistan. Work opportunities are shrinking, with most households now reporting just one day of work per week. This comes on top of the worst drought in years, which is especially concerning for the 85 percent of the population who rely on agriculture for livelihoods.
Preventing and mitigating a drastic increase in hunger and malnutrition is the aim of WFP in Afghanistan which can only be achieved through the scaled up and sustained complementary food security and nutrition interventions, combined with a scale-up of resilience interventions to safeguard gains. WFP has embarked on a significant month on month scale-up of its crisis response and resilience programmes across the country, ensuring that the programme is delivered at the right scale and time, targeted to the right areas. WFP is also actively following up on evolving trends to pre-empt hotspots, while guaranteeing quality and maximum impact of the programme through the monitoring of these hotspots to be able to support continued donor advocacy.
To perform a range of admin tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client focused and strategy-oriented admin services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Prepare and register Tax exemption certificates and submit them to MoFA/ CRD for further processes. • Coordinate with Supply Chain and vendors for processing of exemption certificates. • Follow up on customs clearance process of all Non-Food Items (NFI) shipments. • Liaison of pre notifications, invoicing, and documentation of purchased goods with CO Supply Chain unit for facilitation of customs clearance. • Works closely with the ministries, courier companies for TAX exemption and customs clearance of WFP NFI shipments and personnel effects. • Liaison with government authorities on different official issues (disposal of vehicles, Import & Export of Vehicles, phone, licenses etc.) Registration of communication equipment with ATRA. • Ensures that Customs files are properly updated and maintained on timely basis. • Ensures cargo and customs clearance from Kabul airport and Kabul Custom House. • Maintains database on status of customs clearance, cargo clearance of all NFI shipments. • On protocol, the incumbent must also have background and hands on experience in dealing with issues related to protocol, visa and work permits acquisitions for international staff. • Enough knowledge of visas and Afghanistan visa and immigration procedures and laws. • Working experience with ministries involved in visa and immigration sector. • Ability to draft impeccable letters, communicate and respond to various correspondences received from the host government addressed to WFP. • Ability to translate correspondences received from government ministries and authorities. • Adequate skills to manage excel databases and maintain necessary customs, protocol, and visa databases on regular basis. • Facilitates Registration and de-registration of the country office light vehicles and fleet trucks as required. • Maintains records of vehicles registration documents. • Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of High School. A post-graduation certificate and experience in the related functional area will be desirable.
Experience: At least 2 years experiences in administrative
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has sound understanding and experience in general administration management.
- Has sound experience in Protocol & Customs Management.
- Has strong abilities in data analysis and report writing skills.
- Has teamwork spirit and is flexible to accept responsibility.
- Has good physical health condition to perform outdoor activities.
- Computer skills in Word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, typing English/Pashto/Dari
Fluency (level C) in English language, plus Pashto and/or Dari, preferably both.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.
Female applicants and qualified applicants with disabilties are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.