Administrative Assistant, CRRD Program Delivery
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At-work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships, and thorough accountability to those we serve.
The Crisis Response, Recovery, and Development (CRRD) Department
The CRRD Department houses all of the IRC’s Country Programs that implement our work, as well as the sector-specific and cross-cutting Technical Units (TUs) which are the teams of experts that support IRC’s shift to more outcomes-driven and evidence-based programs. TUs collaborate closely with Country Program staff on the frontlines of program delivery and provide technical support to staff to help ensure our programs are high-quality and deliver results for the people we serve.
The CRRD Department has ‘pillars’ including Technical Excellence (where the TUs are located) and Program Delivery (where the Country Programs are located). There is an Administrative Assistant role for the wider department and its SVP, and Administrative Assistants for Technical Excellence and Program Delivery pillars.
The Program Delivery pillar Administrative Assistant will primarily be responsible for providing high quality, core administrative support to Program Delivery pillar leaders. This will include providing administrative support to the Program Delivery Vice President (VP), and the general coordination of calendars, meetings and events, document management, internal communications, and tracking expenses for the pillar’s central leadership (PD HQ). The position is also responsible for managing a range of administrative and logistical support services for the VP including scheduling, and coordinating travel arrangements. In addition, the Administrative Assistant will work in conjunction with colleagues to keep pillar information up to date for internal and external use, manage changes in HQ office space, and support on other administrative or operational pillar priorities as is needed.
This role requires strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
45% Support to the CRRD Program Delivery VP (and other PD HQ leaders, as appropriate)
• Manage VP calendar and communicate with meeting participants, as necessary.
• Organize, schedule, and support large meetings and conferences.
• Prepare documents and other types of meeting materials.
• Support VP speaking event coordination in terms of logistics and travel documentation
• Support credit card reconciliation and other financial administrative tasks for the PD VP
30% Support Program Delivery Leaders team
• Organize, schedule, and support meetings and conferences involving multiple PD Leaders.
• Track meeting agendas for multiple senior-level meeting routines.
• Take accurate meeting minutes, present slide decks, and disseminate resources.
• Ensure PD pillar meetings run smoothly and effectively by managing invitations and conference call details.
• Track vacation plans and update shared pillar calendar.
• Manage travel for PD HQ Leaders – trip reservations, visas, travel expense reports.
15% Information/Document Management and Internal Communications
• Maintain files and disseminate resources from pillar, departmental and inter-departmental meetings
• Support pillar document formatting and meeting preparation.
• Organize Box (online storage) folders and support collaboration and archival organization across pillar and wider CRRD.
• Manage department Zoom and Survey Monkey accounts
• Update and/or wrangle organizational charts on a monthly basis, alongside departmental team
• Oversee regular Distribution List updates and ensure accuracy of mailing lists
• Update the Emergency Contact List Card in coordination with Safety & Security colleagues
• Support onboarding for new CRRD hires that include scheduling time with pillar leaders
• Maintain PD Pillar page on RescueNet in coordination with CRRD Communications colleagues
• Support the updating and circulation of the PD Leaders Heat Map, which includes top priorities and actions to keep on PD Leaders’ radar, meeting dates and topics + running list of potential/desired meeting topics.
10% PD Pillar events and other support
• Foster learning by establishing/supporting an ongoing series of learning events with internal and external parties.
• Arrange workshops and conferences with assistance from Communications + Operations Managers.
• Manage design, printing, and procurement of meeting/workshop materials (e.g., agendas, shirts, nametags, etc.)
• Plan and facilitate special occasions (eg. birthdays, baby showers, welcome or farewell parties, etc.)
• Other duties as requested
Position Reports to: Senior Director, Strategy & Performance Program Delivery)
• Bachelor’s degree, Associates degree or equivalent with at least 1 years of professional experience in an administrative role. (2+ years preferred.)
• Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask.
• Service oriented and flexible, commitment to help and support in a fast paced, fast changing environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively liaise with people. within and across departments in a multi-cultural environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong computer acumen including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
• Must be able to manage time for self and others.
• Ability to work independently, resourcefully and to own initiative, with flexibility to changing priorities and an eagerness to learn.
• French, Arabic, Spanish or other relevant language skills an advantage.
• Optimism and good humor warmly welcomed.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles. #LI-ON-SITE