Application deadline 1 month ago: Wednesday 5 May 2021
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Field Administrative Officer), the UN Volunteer Administrative Assistant will undertake the following tasks:
- Supports the FAO in overseeing the provision of administrative and logistical support within the Western Equatorial States;
- Assists with the managing, scheduling and organising of the administrative and support staffs day-to-day activities;
- Monitors the provision of all administrative/contracted services within the Bentiu field office ensuring its timely delivery, cost effectiveness and professionalism;
- Serves as a member of the Bentiu welfare committee;
- Brings to the attention of the FAO matters of concern affecting morale and staff welfare;
- Provides guidance, and support to regional administrative and support staff;
- Works closely with the FAO to ensure effective staff leadership in the region;
- Serves as the focal point for official contact and negotiation pertaining to support related issues with local authorities, NGOs and local vendors;
- Assists with managing budget and financial resources in a cost-effective manner and in strict accordance with UN finance rules and regulations;
- Follow up of day-to-day support issues and sharing of information with support units through email correspondence and extension;
- Assists with the preparation of monthly reports and other correspondence related to the administration of the Bentiu field office;
- Undertake special assignments related to the overall management of the OFAO to augment its support commitments;
- Responsible for the coordination, organisation and arrangements of all high level visits to the region;
- Any other related responsibilities or tasks as directed by FAO or other colleagues.
Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Business or public administration/relevant experience in Administrative, welfare and logistic fields.
- At least 3 years prior experience in administrative services, finance, coordination or related areas is required;
- Experience in organizing staff welfare activities, corporate events or management of leisure facilities is strongly desirable.
- Experience in peacekeeping, humanitarian, or other field operations settings is desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Facility, camp and compound maintenance and management
Area of expertise details:
Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.), Knowledge of UN IT applications and software desirable.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 05 May 2021