Reporting to the Support Services Coordinator (SSC), the Administration Manager is responsible for managing administration services and government relations for the Middle East Support Services Unit (SSU) based in Amman, Jordan. The SSU provides support to three IRC offices in Amman, namely the IRC Jordan Country Program, the IRC Syria Country Program and the Middle East Regional Office. He/she will work with the SSC to liaise with relevant government departments and other external representatives and will ensure that registration, residency, permits, visas and facilities are in order, supporting the program’s overall administration functions including human resources management, project asset and inventory management, transportation and vehicles management, management of international visitors’ logistics, relationship building with project goods and services vendors, and general office administration. The key function of this position is to oversee the proper implementation of the internal Standard Operating Procedures and Systems across project operations.
Liaison and Government Relations
• Supervise visa application processes, visa extensions, residency and work permits for IRC staff and visitors
• Maintain a regularly updated databases to track visas, residency, and work permits; and ensure renewals are processed in a timely manner
• Supervise applications and documents’ submission to Jordanian Government Departments and Ministries; follow up on the progress of submissions; liaise with government departments and officials to confirm any changes in official processes; ensure any changes in official processes are understood and communicated to senior management.
• Liaise with IRC’s law firm on administrative matters
• Ensure validity of registration, insurance and permits related to IRC Jordan facilities, vehicles and properties.
• Supervise renting facilities for expats houses and guesthouses.
• Ensure maintaining a regularly updated databases of all IRC Amman facilities details: lease agreements, rents amounts, occupiers and dates.
• Supervise securing accommodations for IRC guests in hotels and/or guesthouses.
• Supervise all activities related to administration; visas, work and residency permits; reporting, duty exemptions, NOCs dealing with government authorities (as and when needed), facilities management, general administrative support.
• Submit month cash projection requirements to the SSC for consolidation and submission to the Finance department and supervise the monthly spending and closure of each cash advance.
• Ensure adherence to IRC policies related to Administration.
• Use Master Purchase Agreements (MPAs) and Master Service Agreements (MSAs) established by Supply Chain to procure office supplies (stationery and consumables); maintain accurate tracking systems for office supplies.
Staff Performance Management and Development
• Serve as a model of supervisory excellence; supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and leading documented semi-annual performance reviews.
• Provide constructive feedback and counsel on career paths and professional development for Admin team.
• Promote and monitor staff care and well-being. Model healthy work-life balance practices.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Support Services Coordinator (SSC)
Position directly supervises: 1 Sr. Admin Officer, 2 Admin officers, 1 Sr. Admin Assistant & Receptionist
Position indirectly supervises (Technical Supervision): 1 Maintenance Assistant, housekeeping Team
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Finance, Supply Chain teams, Program staff, other SSU teams
External: Government representatives, legal representatives, contracted vendors and supply companies
• Education: Bachelor degree in any Administration relevant field.
• Experience: At least 5-7 years in a similar position preferably with an INGO
• Experience of facility management, governmental relations and general administration.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate and manage multiple responsibilities
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requests.
• Resilience. Ability to cultivate and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and external representatives.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
• Fluency in Arabic is essential.
• Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Standards of Professional Conduct : The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality : IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Attention Returning National Candidates
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, the Middle East Region has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.