Administration Consultant CST1/P3 Job req 161193 closing date 03rd May 2022
Application deadline 8 months ago: Tuesday 3 May 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
TERMS OF REFERENCE
JOB TITLE :
TYPE OF CONTRACT :
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of the position is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. BURUNDIAN NATIONALS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE:
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders in the field typically report to the Country/Deputy Director or the designate. Job holders in RBs or HQ typically report to the Deputy Regional/Division Director or the designate. Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, manage more junior staff to ensure that administrative objectives are achieved in full. They are heavily involved in day–to-day activities and analytical work.
To contribute to daily planning and delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
Generic Terms of Reference
- Contribute to and implement WFP country/regional plans, including administrative processes, aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration service.
- Develop annual plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to policies, systems and procedures to ensure services provided support WFP strategic objectives and are in compliance with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes.
- Carry out complex data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
- Manage the existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy and contribute to the provision of recommendations to the management on improvements/changes.
- Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Build and maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners through the organisation or design of trainings, workshops, daily interaction, etc. for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Other as required.
Specific Terms of Reference Priorities within the first 6 months
- Manage and coordinate the ongoing transition of 30 light fleet vehicles and VTS installations.
- Coordinate and closely follow up on the ongoing donation of decommissioned vehicles to Cooperating Partners (CPs) to ensure that internal WFP approvals and actions are executed within the dates communicated to the CPs.
- Follow up closely with HQ Operational Health and Safety Unit (OSH) and the Country Office landlords to ensure that the recommended works to meet agreed safety measures on the 2nd and 3rd levels of all Country Office buildings are actively being carried out and are completed within the agreed timeframe.
- Closely monitor activities related to the CO electrical upgrade project and coordinate each phase of the project implementation with Country Office stakeholders (Procurement, TEC, Heads of Field Offices etc..) to ensure that a revised implementation plan with clearly defined timelines is approved and on course by the end of Q4.
- Closely monitor and support the CO WE TRAVEL implementation reinforcement initiative and ensure that the planned ‘clean up’ and capacity development activities for the CO Travel Focal Points and Staff are completed within the agreed timeframes in the action plan and no later than the end of Q3 2022.
- Working in close collaboration with the Supply Chain Unit revive the CO fuel storage infrastructure upgrade project and ensure that an implementation plan with clearly defined timelines is approved by the end of Q4 2022.
- In close collaboration with the Head of the Finance and Administration unit, act as the Administration Unit focal point for the ongoing recruitment of the 2 G5 Administration Assistants positions to ensure that the process is finalized, and candidates are onboard by the end of Q3 2022 at the latest.
- In close collaboration with the Head of the Finance and Administration unit, By August 2022, ensure that the administration unit monthly activities and performance reports for each section (protocol, are being consistently issued to management and accountability processes are in place to address non-compliance.
- ensure that monthly vehicle and fuel consumption and management for all CO light fleet vehicles and generators are issued and corresponding accountability processes and measures are effectively implemented and enforced by the end of Q3 2022.
- Act as focal point for the administration unit actions to close open items under the Interim Strategic Plan 1 (ICSP 1) to enable resource transfer to ICSP 2 by end of June 2022 at the latest, and coordinate the timely creation of transferred PRs/POs in ICSP 2.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES:
Description of the behavior expected for the proficiency level
Understand and communicate the
Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
Be a force for positive change
Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
Make the mission inspiring to our team
Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions
Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations and is able to communicate this link to others.
Look for ways to
Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
Create an inclusive culture
Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback
Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence and develop and improve individual skills.
Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit
Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions
Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
Focus on getting results
Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
Make commitments and make good on commitments
Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
Connect and share across WFP units
Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
Build strong external partnerships
Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
Be politically agile & adaptable
Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships
Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Description of the behavior expected for the proficiency level
Business Support Services & Reporting
Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience.
Internal Controls & Risk
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of internal controls and proper accounting procedures and systems to recommend improvements where necessary to address current weaknesses, mitigate risks to mission-critical WFP operations and maximize client satisfaction.
Resource Management for
Oversees staffing for HQ and Field resources at the programme level, taking resource usage trends and forecasting data into account.
Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services
Applies advanced theoretical understanding of administration best practice, concepts and principles and thorough knowledge of WFP standards , processes and infrastructure to ensure continuous improvement in the provision of efficient and effective administration services, resolving complex issues as they arise.
Proactively monitors performance and delivers high quality service to meet the needs of customers, requesting customer feedback and taking ownership of customer problems that arise. Pre-empts needs of customers based on experience.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Has gained at least three post graduate years of experience in administration.
- Has provided direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
University degree in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant fields relating to office management and administration.
International Professional: Fluency (level C) in French and English languages.