Administration Assistant (DSA Processor)
Application deadline in 23 days: Sunday 4 Sep 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a LICA-3 contract. This kind of contract is known as Local Individual Contractor Agreements. It is normally only for nationals. It's an external contract. It usually requires 3 years of experience, depending on education. More about LICA-3 contracts.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information - BSSC
The UNOPS Bangkok Shared Service Centre (BSSC) is a Shared Services Centre (SSC) unit established for the purpose of providing internal, global, cost-effective transactional services which enhance the operational capacity of UNOPS and standardize systems and procedures. The BSSC, among other functions, carries out high-quality transactional services within the area of personnel contract administration and payroll.
For young professionals, a job within UNOPS BSSC offers the opportunity to enter the United Nations system via crucial back office service delivery in an engaging and development-focused work environment as part of a dynamic and effective UN entity. BSSC jobs offer a platform of learning and exposure to UNOPS' operations and the greater UN system.
Background Information - Job-specific
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Associate and the overall supervision of the Manager and Team Leader of the Finance and Accounting Service Team, the Administration Assistant provides a range of administrative and financial services to corporate, portfolio and client managers and associates. The incumbent’s main role is to assist in calculating and raising requests for payments for Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA). The incumbent will be working in close collaboration with Finance and Travel policy owners, Travel Focal Points in Regional/Project Centres and with UNOPS HQ staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery in line with the current practices and travel policies.
Summary of Key Functions
- Review and approve non-standard travel requests within the travel authorization and DSA automation tool
- Implementation of operational strategies and procedures
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Review and approve non-standard travel requests within the travel authorization and DSA automation tool: - Check information of the DSA request submitted through travel authorization and DSA automation tool, supports review of DSA documents for accuracy
- Provides guidance and support to personnel on travel request, procedures and regulations - Answers queries and resolves routine administrative issues; escalates non-routine queries and issues to supervisor - Supports maintenance and easy-retrieval of the team’s operational records and periodic reports on service delivery, ensuring both accuracy and safekeeping of confidential materials - Maintenance DSA rates, danger pay rate and other travel related rates into the automation tool periodically - Monitor the changes of the trips and tracing if any travel adjustment occurred. Follow up, communicate and assist in correctly refunding overpaid amounts. Keep record of the evidences for reference and tracking - Assist in creation and updates of the calculation or communication templates - Performs other DSA-related tasks, as required, and as specified by either the direct supervisor or team leader
- Supports implementation of operational strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Supports full compliance of operations with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies - Assists with input to the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) from an operational perspective, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management
3.Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results: - Participates in trainings for the operations / project personnel on correct procedures for DSA processes - Contributes to knowledge networks and communities of practice
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles. Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role). Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries. Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements. Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving. Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Education: - Completion of secondary school or equivalent. - Specialized training in administration or finance is desirable. - A BA or MA degree may substitute required years of work experience.
Experience: - A minimum of 3 years of operational experience in finance or administration is required. - Ability to work with computers, particularly office software packages (e.g. G-Suite, MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions), spreadsheets (e.g. Google Sheets, Excel) and web-based management systems. - Some experience in the UN system organizations is desirable.
Language Requirements: - Fluency in written and oral English required. - Knowledge of second UN working language desirable.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement Contract level: LICA-3 Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.