Application deadline 4 days ago: Thursday 30 Nov 2023 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - National contract. More about DRC - National contracts.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is implementing activities in Ukraine since 2014.
About the job
Under the supervision of the Administration Team Leader, the administration assistant will provide administrative support related to DRC premises in Kyiv, will assist DRC international staff from different administrative tasks related to the preparation of their travels (visa, train tickets, flights tickets) and to their arrival in Ukraine (TRP, registration, accommodation). Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
1. Administrative support
- Support international employees with visa application, temporary residence permit, registration.
- Maintain updated the administrative trackers (new arrival, staff tracker)
- Prepare monthly a DRC contact list to be shared with all DRC staff.
- Prepare for all DRC staff an ID card and a SIM card – Keep an updated tracker of all DRC SIM cards.
- Assist with the organization of events (workshops, meetings, etc.)
2. Travel management
- Support international employees with travel bookings (flight, train, accommodation, etc.).
- Support all DRC staff based in Kyiv with the travel arrangements in and outside Ukraine.
3. DRC Premises
- Under the supervision of the Administration Team Leaders, develop and renew DRC lease agreements.
- Prepare “Request for Payment” for the payment of utilities, rental fees, cleaning products, etc.
- Act as the focal point with the landlords of DRC premises.
4. Office Management
- Maintain a tidy and organized office space,
- Manage office supplies and consumables, ensuring adequate stock levels.
- Raise purchase request for office supplies and consumables.
- Ensure that all DRC staff and DRC visitors have an access card to enter DRC office in Kyiv.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have first experience (at least 1 year) in a similar position or with similar tasks, we are looking for a motivated person who is keen to learn fast and communicate with different stakeholders. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Diploma in Business Administration (or proven experience as an administrative assistant or in a related role)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Advanced English proficiency
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Contract length: 12 months (3 months’ probation period as fixed-term contract)
- Band: non-management I
- Designation of Duty Station: Kiyv.
- Start date: As soon as possible.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Viktor Cherniy (administration Team Leader – [email protected])
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than three pages) in English. A****pplications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 30/11/2023
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.