Application deadline 1 year ago: Monday 22 Mar 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
- General Administration:- Prepare, process and follow-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to the official travel of staff; Draft routine correspondence;
- Maintain files of rules and regulations, administrative instructions and other related documentation; Maintain up-to-date work unit files (both paper and electronic);
- Coordinate extensively with service units and liaise frequently with internal team members both at Headquarters and in the field;
- Organize and coordinate administrative arrangements for seminars, conferences, and translations, relocation, promotion, performance appraisal, separation, training e.t.c;
- Review entitlements-related claims and reports; Provide advice and guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices, liaising with central administrative services as necessary; Maintain and review organizational staffing tables. Provides reliable and secure driving services by;
- Driving vehicles safely for the transport of authorized personnel and, in the case of peacekeeping missions, for the transport of cargo goods and/or hazardous goods vehicles;
- Collecting and delivering mail, documents and other items;
- Meeting official personnel at the airport and facilitating immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Ensures proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensures the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc.; performing minor repairs and arranging for major repairs; and ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required degree level:
Education - Additional Comments:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent; drivers training with a valid driver’s license is required;
- Excellent command of English and Arabic, both oral and written, is required;
- Valid Drivers License;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Administration and administrative assistance
Area of expertise details:
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Iraq and legal residents in Iraq with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 22-03-2021