Youth Engagement Officer
Application deadline in 7 days: Sunday 26 Sep 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Communication Officer (Youth Engagement) and general guidance from the C4D and Youth Engagement Manager, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the advocacy and programme implementation regarding young people’s participation across programme clusters, especially through a meaningful engagement with Mitra Muda.
- Assist the development and implementation of Mitra Muda’s working agenda as it fits UNICEF Indonesia’s priorities, including but not limited to reviewing, mentoring, and linking to relevant advocacy and commemoration opportunities.
- Provide capacity building support to the core team of the Mitra Muda youth engagement network and other members of the network.
- Support the linkages of Mitra Muda with civil society partners, youth-led organizations and other UN agencies on adolescent and youth issues.
- Strengthen team spirits among Mitra Muda members through oneline and offline enagagments, and provide the needed coaching and mentoring support.
- Support the implementation of U-Report Indonesia, ranging from the technical process in RapidPro, creative content production and online community management in social media, and the scaling strategy for U-Reporters recruitment.
- Contributes to the knowledge management to document lessons learnt and good practices on the adolescent and youth participation initiatives, especially for the Mitra Muda’s involvement.
- Support any relevant Communication and Public Advocacy initiative related to adolescent and youth engagement.
Educational additional comments
- A Bachelor degree in communication, digital media, youth development, international relations, social sciences, or other relevant fields.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in working with young people and designing creative content, including creative writing for blogs.
- Experience of working in the creative sector is desirable.
- Experience working with young people and communities is essential.
- Relevant experience working in an international context and technical bot development is considered as an asset.
- Indonesian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams