Whole of Ukraine: Country Finance Volunteer
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard-to-reach areas. With a team of 5,900 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year, reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
ACTED Whole of Ukraine
ACTED started its operations in Eastern Ukraine in 2015 to provide support to vulnerable people affected by the conflict that began in 2014. In 2022, as refugees are fleeing clashes across Ukraine triggered by military operations, ACTED is now extending its activities to deliver critical assistance to displaced persons in the main hosting regions and to support self-help and local organizations groups that have spontaneously formed. As the number of civilian casualties continues to grow and damage to critical infrastructure increases, ACTED is scaling-up its humanitarian assistance to help ensure those in transit, internally displaced or remaining in hotspots receive the basic support they need, including cash assistance, water, food and hot meals, blankets, hygiene supplies and access to mobile heating points. Finally, ACTED is also taking part in the ongoing efforts to provide humanitarian assistance to refugees in the neighbouring countries of Poland, Romania and Moldavia where 3 humanitarian response teams have been deployed.
You will be in charge of
1.Contribute to ACTED Compliance and Accountability
- Provide support to the Finance Officer on controlling the compliance of the ACTED documentation by checking the accuracy, exhaustiveness and consistency of the information contained in these documents in line with ACTED and donors’ procedures for both capital and field expenses (scope to be determined by the CFM/CD); and provide discrepancies’ consolidated reports to the Country Finance Manager.
- Support the Finance Officer in checking partners’ financial transactions and ensure correct allocations to respective budget lines through a check list; upon request, travel to the field and physically conduct a random sample of partners’ vouchers and ensure the financial transactions meet donor requirements
- Suggest update and improvement of ACTED’s procedures in link with the CFM;
- Support to external audits preparation.
2.Control of Monthly Internal Reporting tools
Accounting (PRATIC) review – between the 10th and the 15th
Check that :
- the financial flows are lettered on a monthly basis in SAGA
- flows cross-countries (including HQ) are well cross-referenced before local salaries payments
- the Monthly InforEuro exchange rate table with the exchange rates entered in SAGA
Finance TITANIC review – between the 10th and the 15th
- Crosscheck SAGA and Allocation Tables: in case of discrepancies, send a list of corrections to be validated by the CFM for the Finance Officer to correct data in SAGA or Allocation Tables;
- Crosscheck the Allocation Tables and the monthly forecasts in the Budget Follow Ups (BFUs): in case of discrepancies, send a list of corrections to be validated by the CFM for the Finance Officer;
- Crosscheck the consistency of data between SAGA, BFUs, CFU and DFU;
- Crosscheck the Red Cell Game with the physical vouchers received at Country Office Level;
- Crosscheck the Cofounding Follow-Up is in line with the BFUs (including a cofounding section);
- Review the monthly ATROCE: general information, template, projects data, amounts reported and instalments received (both at field and HQ level)
- Fill the TITANIC follow-up
Cost Control – between the 10th and the 15th
- Detect possible variances on the Monthly Running Cost Follow-Up and inform CFM accordingly (through a memo);
- Upon request of the CFM, conduct market surveys;
- Prepare a monthly Finance Control Report
HR TITANIC – between the 25th and the 30th
- Cross-check the consistency of the analytical allocation between the Allocation Tables, the Staff Data base and the HR TITANIC.
3.Provide support to the daily tasks:
- Preparation of Budgets
- Draft of Financial Sheets
- Preparation of Financial Reports
- Midyear and Annual Accounting Closure
Expected skills and qualifications
- Msc in Finance, Audit, Business Management, Economics or equivalent
- Finance and accounting skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel (mastering of the main database management formulas)
- Ability to undertake responsibilities and to manage stress efficiently
- Excellent communication skills, including advanced written and oral English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Status : volunteer
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse
- Flights tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
>>>Email Ref: CFV/WoU