Application deadline in 5 days: Sunday 5 Dec 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - National contract. More about DRC - National contracts.
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
The overall role of the EOD/Survey operator is to safe work in accordance with HMA EOD, MMC and NTS SOPs in the task of NTS and remove the hazards from the operation location and achievement of required levels of productivity at daily work as per the TL instructions and guidance.
- Handling, maintenance, and fault reporting of equipment assigned.
- Mapping and measurement of area where the team to do NTS survey as per the TL order.
- Insure before start of operation in EOD tasks wear of full PPE in correct way as per HDP EOD SOP.
- Conduct of all EOD/clearance activities as safe method detailed in the HDP SOPs.
- Report achievements and results of hourly and daily achievement to the TL.
- Report any problems identified in the operation site to the TL.
- Perform any other task as instructed by the TL.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum two years De-mining (Mine/ERW clearance experience).
- Minimum one year Sur/EOD operator experience
- Female in DRC who travel for official trips will be allowed to travel with a Moharam and the travel/accommodation cost will be incurred by DRC.
- Female mothers who work for DRC are eligible for Day Care cost for their children up to the age of 6.
- Elementary school
- AMAS/IMAS EOD lever-2
- NTS/TS course certificates
- Pashto and Dari –fluency
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC salary scale
Interested? Then apply for this position, all applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close 5 December-2021.