Supply Chain Officer NOA - Ouagadougou & Kaya
Application deadline 7 months ago: Monday 15 Feb 2021 at 00:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The job holder will carry out analytical work and come up with recommendations on supply chain related matters in the areas of transport execution , commodity accounting and warehouse management. He/ She will provide contributions to the supply chain activities or/and contribute to field supply chain operations, following an effective and integrated supply chain approach which meets food assistance needs of beneficiaries and service provision requirements for partners.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Prepare accurate and timely reports or support preparation of complex reports, dashboards and other visual materials on supply chain activities for supervisor’s review to contribute to informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
2. Contribute to country context analyses and management of end-to-end operational supply chain and retail networks, in order to support addressing operational supply chain challenges and obtaining operational optimization.
3. Contribute to the development and implementation of supply chain plans and procedures, in line with the global WFP supply chain strategy and plans, to achieve operational cost efficiency, agility, reliability, quality and to support national capacity strengthening.
4. Contribute to the implementation of supply chain operations, initiatives and services to ensure a timely, cost-effective and integrated approach with core activities and services.
5. Collect and analyse data and put together reports highlighting opportunities for improvement and effective operationalization of supply chain within the area of responsibility.
6. Partner at the operational level and collaborate with counterparts in the key supply chain functions contributing to an integrated supply chain approach to food assistance and cross-functional operational alignment.
7. Support supply chain projects or operational day-to-day activities in compliance with the established supply chain strategies, policies, procedures and controls, and following corporate standards, contributing to quality control, loss prevention, risk mitigation and cost effectiveness.
8. Support monitoring supply chain activities to check that appropriate internal controls are followed to increase the day-to-day efficiencies and overall performance of supply chain operations.
9. Support management of service providers/vendors, port and warehouse operations to promote safe, efficient planning and execution of WFP operations.
10. Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries solving approaches.
11. Contribute to preparedness actions and support a quick emergency response to deploy food and resources at the onset of the crisis.
12. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Logistics, or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Fluency (level C) in French language and an intermediate knowledge (level B) in English
. Minimum 6 years working experience
. With minimum 1 year experience in supply chain area
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills : Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level Supply Chain Strategy Demonstrates understanding of supply chain strategies and corporate frameworks. Supports analytical and conceptual work on supply chain strategy and implementation. Supply Chain & Networks Management Demonstrates robust understanding of end-to-end supply chain management. Supports the design and implementation of supply chain, retail and partnership networks. Supports the design and integrated delivery of supply chain services. Supply Chain Capacity Strengthening Demonstrates robust understanding of supply chain capacity strengthening in operational contexts. Implements capacity development initiatives in own area of responsibility. Supply Chain Performance & Development Supports integrated supply chain information management and conducts advanced Supply Chain and performance analytics. Contributes to supply chain improvement and innovation initiatives. Supply Chain Planning Demonstrates robust understanding of supply chain planning in operational contexts. Designs plans and operational scenarios in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders. Leverages expert intelligence and system data to conduct planning analytics.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Demonstrates robust understanding of supply chain planning in operational contexts. Designs plans and operational scenarios in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders. Leverages expert intelligence and system data to conduct planning analytics.
2. Demonstrates robust understanding of end-to-end supply chain management. Supports the design and implementation of supply chain, retail and partnership networks. Supports the design and integrated delivery of supply chain services.
3. Supports integrated supply chain information management and conducts advanced Supply Chain and performance analytics. Contributes to supply chain improvement and innovation initiatives.
4. Demonstrates robust understanding of supply chain capacity strengthening in operational contexts. Implements capacity development initiatives in own area of responsibility.
5. Plans, coordinates and manages service providers and warehouse operations to promote safe, efficient, and sustainable operating
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience in analysing operational context and trends;
- Experience in supporting analytical and conceptual work on supply chain strategy and implementation;
- Experience in commodity accounting and warehouse management and designing operational scenarios in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working with supply chain information systems;
- Experience in troubleshooting and solving operational issues.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Duration of contract: 01 year renewable
Duty station: 01 post in Ouagadougou & 01 post in Kaya
Burkina Faso national or hold a valid working permit
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for Applications: 14.02.2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.