Strategic Information, Oversight and Performance Monitoring Specialist (SIOPM)
Application deadline 2 months ago: Thursday 10 Nov 2022 at 18:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Strategic Information, Oversight and Performance Monitoring Specialist (SIOPM)
Grade: Regular Consultant - Level I
Type of contract: International Regular Consultancy
Duration: 11 months
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Vacancy Number: 177564
Date of Publication: 27 October, 2022
Deadline of Application: 10 November, 2022
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
Reporting to the Deputy Regional Director, the Strategic Information and Performance Monitoring Specialist provides technical assistance to the Regional Bureau on developing or enhancing its country office oversight and performance monitoring through strategic information and evidence analysis. This involves generating, collecting, analysing and repackaging a set of information and data for the purpose of strategic monitoring and oversight. The Specialist supports establishing or improving systems for routine data collection, improving data visualization and analytics of routinely collected data, and strengthening data use for decision making at the RBB and CO levels. Additionally, the SI Specialist assists in specific technical areas and provides support for risk management, oversight activities, programme evaluation and other research activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Supports RBB and countries planning and implementing data collection, data use and monitoring
- Develops and maintains frameworks and monitoring plans, logic models and indicators to assess performance, compliance and impact, and for risk management
- Develops and/or adapts procedures for data quality assurance, reporting, data dissemination, and other routine monitoring processes and support the frameworks’ implementation
- In collaboration with regional functions and countries, contributes to country scan exercises ensuring data is available and performing some analysis to inform focus of the meetings and discussions, drafting summary report etc.
- Reviews routinely collected data, provides feedback to RB functions and country teams, and supports using findings for decision/action. This includes articulating risk management tools and the information generated through country scans or other oversight activities (updating risk registers, monitoring mitigation activities, follow up of outstanding recommendations, etc.)
- Works with the Technology team to support ongoing efforts to enhance data and platforms for oversight information as required
- Supports data use efforts by improving dashboards and other mechanisms to facilitate access and generation of data
- Performs other related duties as directed
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Master’s degree in statistics, economics, business management or other field directly related to the substantive areas of this position.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience working with data management analysis, monitoring and evaluation and/or performance/ auditing, programme management, risk management, internal audit
- Exposure and knowledge in monitoring and evaluation and/or statistical surveillance systems
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team-building skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Exposure to the international arena either by direct work for an international institution/organization or by interacting with international stakeholders
- Require international trave
Languages: Fluency in English and excellent written and oral communications skills.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at *Bangkok.Recruitmentfirstname.lastname@example.org* to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.