Spice Kitchen Incubator Logistics Specialist
Founded in 1933, the IRC is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict. In the U.S.; IRC provides assistance to refugees resettling here through 25 offices operating in 16 states. IRC resettles approximately 11,000 refugees per year and provides numerous program services to assist the refugee from their arrival through citizenship. The IRC in Salt Lake City opened it office in 1994, and provides resettlement services through extended case management to newly arrived refugees for up to 24-months as well as over twenty different programs to educate and empower refugees.
Spice Kitchen Incubator (SKI) assists refugees, immigrants, other new Americans, and community members of low-moderate income to plan, launch, scale, and sustain their own food business through free technical assistance, subsidized kitchen time, and market access. The Spice Kitchen Incubator Logistics Specialist will be responsible for supporting the SKI team in monitoring and evaluating program services through improved data collection and analysis, client voice, customer feedback, and technology inclusion. This position will collaborate with SKI staff, entrepreneurs, volunteers, and community partners to inform business and programmatic decisions for increased opportunities and improved programming.
Essential Job Functions:
· Data Collection:
o Support Data and Evaluation team to collect and record SKI-specific data for pre-incubation, incubation, and graduate entrepreneurs, including demographic information, income status, activities including income generating events, outcomes, pre- and post-tests, and milestone achievements.
o Collaborate with Data and Evaluation team to develop and implement standard operating procedures for SKI data collection, evaluation, monitoring, and evaluation of program services and products.
o Additional responsibilities include contributing to grant reporting as necessary
· Client Voice and Technology Implementation:
o Work with Client Voice and Feedback Integration VISTA to create and implement practices for gathering formal and informal SKI client feedback.
o Work with SKI Program Manager to develop strategies to include client voice in program implementation and growth strategies based on client feedback received.
o Research and assist with the implementation of new technologies, particularly those that support streamlining and centralizing accurate reporting, data collection, and SKI-client transparency
· Scale-Up Support
o Research viable market opportunities and pivots related to businesses’ scale-up activities to inform business decisions.
o Present new external market opportunities and skills needed to succeed in these opportunities.
o Collaborate with SKI events staff to support entrepreneurs in independently replicating and/or pivoting existing SKI-liaised market opportunities to fit diverse business models, including pre-order, pick-up, and delivery services.
o Support implementation and logistics of income-generating activities including gathering customer and entrepreneur feedback.
o Assist with monthly commercial kitchen duties including kitchen rental adjustments, entrepreneur invoicing, and other commissary logistics as needed
· Follow all COVID-19 safety practices for kitchen operations and community engagement.
· Other duties as assigned
Key Working Relationships:
This position is supervised by: Spice Kitchen Senior External Relations Coordinator
This position supervises: interns; and volunteers
· A minimum of three years related experience working with data collection, analysis, and/or program monitoring and evaluation, or equivalent educational experience.
· Demonstrated understanding of local food businesses and associated logistics.
· Must have a strong understanding of Microsoft Suite, especially Excel and Word, and other data-related platforms as applicable
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English, and with people of different linguistic backgrounds; bi-lingual ability preferred
· Ability to provide services and guide programming with a lens for diversity, equity and inclusion
· Highly organized with excellent time and space management skills.
· Motivated, flexible, with able to work independently.
· Good people and conflict resolution skills. Job requires a high level of interaction with program participants, staff and community stakeholders.
· Patience, flexibility and a good sense of humor
· A passion for great food and a willingness to taste anything
· Ability to speak passionately and articulately about the IRC and SPICE Kitchen mission
· Excellent interpersonal relation skills. Professional, friendly, and courteous attitude a must
· Ability to drive a vehicle and must have proof of insurance and good driving record
· Standard office work environment along with travel in and around the service delivery area
· Ability to safely lift 30+ lbs
**COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.**