Social Media Producer
As a new member of the IRC’s global social media team (within the Global Digital Engagement team), the Video Social Media Producer will produce short-form, straight-to-social videos and multimedia content that will grow the IRC’s brand online and ultimately help encourage audiences to give.
The ideal candidate lives on TikTok, Twitter, and Instagram (especially Instagram Reels) and has a deep understanding of what makes content work— while still staying true to IRC’s core mission and values.
The video producer is a new role that will launch the organization’s TikTok channel and take accounts like Instagram to the next level. They will be a part of IRC’s global social media team and will work with multiple collaborators, across markets, build content that can live across platforms.
They will have deep experience editing social video, crafting stories and graphics, and understanding what types of content audiences find deeply engaging and shareable. They will also have an understanding of social analytics.
· Build, produce, edit and post video for IRC’s global social media channels, predominantly Instagram and TikTok accounts
· Produce and build other forms of multimedia content, such as but not limited to Instagram stories, social media graphics, and memes
· Collaborate with social strategists, digital, press and mass-market leads, and other creative leads (writers, other video producers, designers) to develop innovative, cut-through content that is optimized for social distribution
· Responsible for coordinating assets and deliverables across markets
· Analyze the performance of social content and optimize for future execution
· Support the organization of a well-detailed and organized publishing social media calendar
· Support copywriting and publishing of daily posts when needed
· Find opportunities and emerging trends to participate in, when it makes sense for the IRC, and bring a creative mind to brainstorming sessions to pitch new content ideas
· Be a go-to guide on TikTok and Instagram trends
Minimum 3 years of experience with video editing and producing, ideally from an agency, in-house or journalism video production
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Passionate about TikTok and the pivotal role of videos online! - Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite particularly Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects strongly encouraged. - Previous experience with social CMS and publishing tools, such as Sprout Social. - Proficiency in crafting content for and publishing to all major social platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tik Tok, Snapchat, YouTube, and awareness of emerging trends and platforms. - Able to implement a project from start to finish independently – and on time!
Preferred experience & skills:
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Video Production, Film, Journalism, Communications, Social Media, Digital Marketing or equivalent
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
· Strong organizational and time-management skills
· Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
- Standard office working environment - This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way –
Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.