Social Media Manager
- The IRC is looking for a creative & enthusiastic Social Media Manager with proven experience of successfully growing social media channels at an agency or in house. The role will lead on social media content strategy and campaigns to raise the profile, funding and influence of the IRC in the U.K.
- This post is responsible for managing our social channels, including line management of the Social Media Content Creator, and for managing spend on promotion for brand-building objectives where required in consultation with the Digital & Brand Manager.
- The role will take a data and audience driven approach to devise and deliver a high-quality social media strategy with a focus on video. They will manage the day-to-day running of the channels with support from the Social Media Content Creator.
- They will have their finger on the pulse when it comes to trends and platform changes and seek out creative opportunities to reach new audiences through influencer engagement and building partnerships.
- They will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to meet tight deadlines while managing their own work and their direct report.
· Support Digital & Brand Manager to develop and implement a successful strategy for growing the IRC UK’s social media channels (Instagram, Tik Tok, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube). Create engaging multimedia content with a focus on video content in alignment with the IRC’s brand. Manage IRC UK’s social media channels day-to-day and schedule content with the support of the Social Media Content Creator.
- Line manage the Social Media Content Creator, ensuring they are supported, highly motivated and performing to their best ability to increase the impact of the IRC’s digital outputs.
· Lead on growing and stewarding our UK digital influencers. Partner with the Celebrity Ambassador team to grow IRC UK’s network of digital influencers and secure opportunities to collaborate with partners to amplify reach.
· Manage paid branded social campaigns alongside UK Mass Markets fundraising campaigns
· Write and edit creative and compelling social copy. Create video and graphics for social with the support of the Creative Studio team/ external agencies as needed.
· Use data analysis to inform content strategy and lead on monthly reporting against our social media KPIs
· Use own initiative to respond to reputational issues on social media, identifying any queries to escalate to Digital & Brand Manager when required
· Work with the Global Digital Engagement team and UK External Relations peers on an integrated strategy for key moments in the IRC calendar that resonate with the UK target audience
· Partner with Advocacy to advance influence goals and engage audiences
· Ideating and producing creative briefs and inputting in briefs for content gathering trips and campaigns
· Ensure our channels are inclusive and platform a range of voices with a focus on centering IRC client voices and stories
· Keep abreast of the ever-changing nature of social media, monitoring emerging channels and quickly adapting approaches on existing channels based on data. Experiment and test to ensure the IRC’s approach is ahead of the curve.
· Proactively suggest improvements to existing global processes to help streamline our social media work. Act as backfill for social teams in other markets as necessary.
· Support peers to understand changes in social media, what’s working and what isn’t, in particular those who are responsible for content gathering/ creation and messaging.
·Proven experience using social media – in particular Instagram and Tik Tok, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn- to build brand awareness and influence for a brand, NGO or agency
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
·Experience of devising and implementing social strategy for integrated campaigns
·Proven experience of running and growing social media channels in similar role either at a brand, NGO or agency
·Experience of storyboarding short films, basic editing of video footage and ability to create simple graphics
·Design skills such as Adobe Photoshop
·Excellent social media copywriting skills with strong attention to detail
·Proven experience of amplifying reach on social media through partners and influencers
·Strong digital analytical skills
·Ability to prioritise and organise own workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, ambitious environment
·Ability to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a team, and maintain excellent relationships across the organisation
·Willingness to work flexibly in approach to work and/or work time requirements
·Committed to IRC values and mandate
Preferred experience & skills:
·Film editing skills: Adobe Premier and/or in-app on Tik Tok and Instagram Reels
·Ability to shoot video and photos
·Experience of managing paid activity on Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
·Line management experience
·Experience using Brandwatch (or similar tool)
·Knowledge of key debates in the UK on international development and humanitarian aid issues
·Experience or knowledge of Digital Fundraising and Digital Advocacy
- UK based working from our offices near Bank/ St Paul’s. We implement a hybrid working model (one day in the office) but remote working will be considered on case by case basis
- Standard office working environment
- This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
Candidates must have the right to work in UK where they will be based.
The closing date for applications is 20th February 2023. We will be reviewing candidates as they apply , so if suitable candidate is found , advertisement will be closed sooner then deadline date.
IRC UK strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC UK is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
IRC UK welcomes applications from all candidates, including underrepresented groups and refugees who have the right to work in the UK.
IRC UK will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application and/or interview process, and for essential job functions if appointed to a role. Please contact us if you may need such adjustments.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the online recruitment process, please contact the UK HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org