Social Media Internship
Application deadline in 18 days: Monday 29 Aug 2022 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a Internship contract. More about Internship contracts.
Job title: Intern, Social Media / Digital Communications
Full/Part-time: Full-time (approximately 40 hours per week)
Duration: 6 months
Under the direct supervision of the Social Media Analyst and Social Media Consultant, the intern will support the Digital Communications team in social media content creation and operations.
A work plan with achievements for the duration of the internship and learning opportunities will be agreed upon. Periodic progress meetings will lead to a beneficial environment for the intern enhancing her/his/their skills and capacity in areas related to UNFPA’s mandate and Digital Communications.
The position can be remote.
About UNFPA and How You Can Make a Difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA expands choices and possibilities for women and young people to lead healthy and productive lives. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025) focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high-impact and sustained results. We need interns who are exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Developing social media messages and other digital content including photo- and video-based human interest and knowledge-based stories.
During your internship, you will also:
- Participate in creative brainstormings for social media messages and campaigns
- Provide channel-specific ideas for the use of social media messages, videos or photo content
- Work with the Social Media Management platform to tag content and analyze its performance
- Support the Social Media Team in their day-to-day management of UNFPA’s global accounts and ongoing projects
- Analyze website content and propose ways to share it on social media
- Perform other duties as required
Applicants to UNFPA’s internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme or higher)
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (A) and (B) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one year of graduation
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional trainee programme and undertake the internship as part of this programme
- Some experience in social media management or digital marketing
- Sound knowledge of social media best practices on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of other languages is an asset
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members from different national and cultural backgrounds
- Experience with the creation of TikTok videos, Instagram Stories, and Reels in a professional or personal context is an advantage
Upon completion of the assignment, and depending on its duration, the Intern will gain the following knowledge assets:
- Increased understanding of how large, international organizations use communications, and social media in particular, to build their brand
- Understanding of the UNFPA mandate and policies, including regional set-up
- Understanding and familiarity with communication principles and messaging
- Ability to communicate message using inclusive language
- Ability to write and formulate channel-specific social media content
- Understanding of basic project management principles
- Understanding of how to participate in a creative and collaborative content-production process
Interns do not receive a salary or any other form of remuneration from UNFPA. Costs associated with an intern's participation in the programme must be assumed either by the nominating institution, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students, or by the students themselves, who will have to meet living expenses as well as make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and other requirements. However, they receive a stipend to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, if not financially supported by any institution or programme, such as a university, government, foundation or scholarship programme. In addition, applicants must have medical insurance for the duration of the internship. Proof of insurance will need to be submitted before the internship begins. UNFPA does not provide medical insurance for interns.
How to Apply
Please email your applications to [email protected] using the subject: Social Media Intern 2022
Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.