Shelter/WASH Project Manager Dnipro Ukraine
Application deadline in 4 days: Tuesday 31 Jan 2023 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract (NRC) contracts.
The purpose of the Shelter/WASH Project Manager position is to implement the Shelter, WASH, Emergency Response and related project portfolio in East Area Office of NRC Ukraine.
Below is a summary of responsibilities, please find the detailed job description here for review.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Line Management. Direct line management of Shelter/WASH staff in East Area Office of Ukraine;
- Implementation. Support NRC and partner staff in the delivery of Shelter, WASH, Emergency Response or related activities through the regular review of work-plans and budgets and support;
- Technical Support. Responsible for providing technical support and leadership to partners and communities implementing Shelter, WASH, Emergency Response or related activities. This includes ensuring compliance with relevant minimum standards, and helping design new modalities;
- Quality Control. Responsible for ensuring quality control and quality monitoring of NRC and partner-led Shelter, WASH, Emergency Response or related activities, with a particular focus on engineering or construction related activities;
- Partnerships. Work in collaboration with the Partnerships Manager/Officer to identify potential future partners and assess the performance of NRC’s existing partners involved in Shelter, WASH, Emergency Response or related activities using NRC’s Partnership Framework;
- Capacity Building. Responsible for leading capacity building of NRC and partner staff involved in the implementation of Shelter, WASH, Emergency Response or related activities.
- Assessments. In collaboration with the Area Programme Manager and Shelter & WASH Specialist, responsible for overseeing assessments undertaken by NRC or partners for Shelter, WASH, Emergency Response or related activities. Assessments may be emergency-focused, Sector-Specific, Multi-Sector Assessments, Market Assessments, etc.;
- M&E. In collaboration with the Area Programme Manager and Shelter & WASH Specialist, responsible for overseeing Monitoring and Evaluation for Shelter, WASH, Emergency Response or related activities. Monitoring and Evaluations may be emergency-focused, Sector-Specific, Multi-Sector Assessments, Market Monitoring, etc.;
- Accountability. Responsibility for developing and ensuring adequate accountability to affected populations, as per NRC policies and the requirements of management, for Shelter, WASH, Emergency Response or related activities;
- Coordination. Lead on Area-level coordination of programming relating to Shelter, WASH and Emergency Response, including inter-agency and cluster reporting;
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Technical Shelter, WASH and Emergency Response expertise;
- Experience managing large Shelter/WASH programmes with multiple donors;
- Knowledge and experience in market-based programming including cash and voucher assistance;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal; (knowledge of Russian/Ukrainian desirable)
- Valid driver’s license
Access to a Schengen visa is required for positions in Ukraine
What We Offer
- Duty Station: Ukraine, Dnipro
- Unaccompanied contract
- Contract: from 12 months (possibility of extension)
- Travel: 30%
- Salary: Grade 8 According to NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including R&R.
NRC is very grateful to those who have responded thus far and continue to heed to our calls for support. This is going a long way in addressing the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns currently affecting the people of Ukraine.
Due to large response, NRC will not provide feedback to those candidates who do not meet criteria and/or not follow the application process.