Senior Programme Associate (Risk & Compliance)- G7- Kabul
Application deadline 4 months ago: Tuesday 27 Sep 2022 at 22:29 UTCOpen application form
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Senior Programme Associate (Risk & Compliance) Grade: G7 Type of contract: Fixed Term Duration: 12 Months (Extendable) Duty Station: Kabul Vacancy Number: 173016 Date of Publication: 13 Sep 2022 Deadline of Application: 27 Sep 2022 This vacancy announcement is for Afghan nationals only and WFP encourages especially Afghan females and Afghans with disabilities to apply.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). The job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or Head of Field Office. At this level, job holders are responsible for technical work including the planning, implementation and co-ordination of activities that require thorough understanding of programme/project context, issues and ability to apply a range of guidelines/practices. They independently handle a wide range of specialized programme or policy support activities and may be involved in analytical work. Work performed typically has a substantial impact affecting other parts of the programme. Job holders demonstrate initiative in the identification and resolution of a wide range of issues/problems, and effectively handle unforeseen situations. They may act as technical focal points in the area of vulnerability assessment and analysis. Job holders set objectives, resolve wide-ranging issues and unforeseen problems, supervise and coach a team of support staff within an area of responsibility.
WFP seeks a Sr. Program Associate to assist on the risk management, with focus on Anti-Fraud, Anti-Corruption (AFAC). The position reports to Risk & Compliance Officer.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Assist the Risk and Complaince Officer in following areas:
- Coordinate for development and update CO’s risk register (CORR).
- Coordinate for preparation and update CO’s Annual Performance Planning (APP).
- Coordinate with relevant CO’s units for inputs of the Executive Director Assurance (EDA) exercises.
- Provide assistance and information/documentation as required by OIGI - Investigators.
- Provide support on audit missions and follow up the recommendations with relevant functional units.
- Prepare and participate in compliance reviews as required at both field and country office.
- Participate in relevant CO meetings/forums as required.
- Establish and update CO’s SOPs for both registry database and document maintenance.
Perform AFAC (Anti-fraud & corruption) related tasks:
- Organize AFAC awareness training and session for WFP staff and partners.
- Maintain the food/cash fraud incidence registry.
- Coordinate the assessment and verification process of allegation cases if required.
- Ensure AFAC’s relevant information and documents are maintained according to AFAC’s policy.
- Coordinate and prepare AFAC’s related meetings when required.
- Coordinate for fraud risks assessment and follow up with relevant unit/office on the AFAC’s mitigation actions.
Perform other risk and compliance tasks as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of bachelor’s in business administration or other related functional area. Having masters’ degree will be prefared. Languages:
Excellent oral and written knowledge of Dari, Pashto and English. Experience:
Minimum of 6 years of experience in coordination with related audits, risk management, or work with financial/planning sector including previous experience with an international organisation. Work experience with a UN or other International Organization’s would be an asset. Knowledge & Skills:
Good coordination and communication skills. Good analytical and presentation skills. Demonstrated attention to detail, solid IT skills (including working on multiple platforms simultaneously), problem-solving skills, ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a professional manner while meeting targets in a high pressure environment. Demonstrated team work and performance management skills, as well as information management/reporting skills. Excellent knowledge in local context.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.