Senior Officer Internal Control (AfCDC)
Application deadline in 9 days: Thursday 14 Dec 2023 at 21:00 UTCOpen application form
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Shari
Reports to: Head, Internal Oversight Directorate/Department/Organ: Africa CDC Division: Internal Oversight Number of Direct Reports: - Number of Indirect Reports: - Job Grade: P3 Number of Positions: 1 Contract Type: Fixed Term Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Purpose of Job
The Senior Officer, Internal Control is responsible for leading and coordinating the Africa CDC's internal control activities. This includes developing and implementing internal control policies and procedures, conducting risk assessments, and monitoring the effectiveness of the internal control system. The Senior Officer, Internal Control will also work to promote a culture of compliance within the Africa CDC.
This job involves the following main functions that are generally applicable for this category: • Provide support in the preparation and Implement the programmes developed out of the Division’s strategic plan • Ensure effective coordination and implementation at various levels • Prepare and develop reports, budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Division • Provide support to develop resource mobilization strategy with stakeholders coordination • Manage and supervise employees under his/her supervision with regard to organization and performance evaluation. • Conduct complex analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the Division and Africa CDC’s internal use. • Liaise with the various Departments/Units of the Commission for coordination and alignment purposes • Prepare budgets for the Division in accordance with relevant frameworks. Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets as may be required. • Actively contribute in the development of strategies, policies, programmes and plans
• Develop and implement internal control policies and procedures. • Developing and updating the internal control framework and manual of the Africa CDC, in line with the best practices and international standards. • Conducting periodic reviews and evaluations of the effectiveness and efficiency of the internal control system and identifying gaps, weaknesses and areas for improvement. • Preparing and presenting reports and recommendations on internal control issues to the Head of the Internal Oversight Unit and senior management. • Providing training and awareness-raising activities on internal control principles and practices to staff and stakeholders of the Africa CDC. • Coordinating and collaborating with other units and departments to ensure alignment and integration of internal control processes and activities across the Africa CDC. • Supporting the implementation of the risk management strategy and plan of the Africa CDC and conducting risk assessments and audits as required. • Performing any other duties as assigned by the Head of the Internal Oversight Unit or senior management. • Conduct risk assessments and identify areas of risk. • Monitor the effectiveness of the internal control system. • Promote a culture of compliance within the Africa CDC. • Provide advice and guidance to management on internal control matters. • Represent the Africa CDC at regional and international meetings and events on internal control matters. • Publish articles and reports on internal control matters.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• Mastes Degree or Bachelor Degree in Public Administration Public Policy, or a related field. • CPA or equivalent qualification is a plus. • At least seven(7) or ten (10) years of relevant experience for Masters and Bachelor Degree holders respectively, including three (3) years at expert level in internal control or a related field. • Proven ability to lead and manage complex projects • Experience in developing and implementing internal control policies and procedures. • Experience in conducting risk assessments. • Experience in monitoring the effectiveness of the internal control system. • Experience in promoting a culture of compliance. • Experience in providing advice and guidance on internal control matters. • Experience in representing international organisations at regional and international meetings and events.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. • Ability to work independently and as part of a team. • Fluency in English and French. Proficiency in any other additional AU working language will be an added advantage.
Accountable and Complies with Rules
Communicating with Influence
Job Knowledge and information sharing
Drive for Results
Continuous Improvement Orientation
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment shall be for an initial period of one (1) year, the first three (3) months of which shall be on probation. It shall be renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
LANGUAGES: Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese, and Spanish) is mandatory and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage REMUNERATION:
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 96,921.34 (P3 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 78,461.08 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Applications must be submitted no later than December 14, 2023 11h59 p.m. EAT. -Only candidates who meet all job requirements and are selected for interviews will be contacted. -Consideration will be given only to those candidates who have submitted a fully completed online application with a curriculum vitae (CV), an African passport, and the required academic qualifications, such as Diplomas, Bachelor's degrees, Master's degrees and any relevant certificate in line with the area of expertise. -The African Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. -Candidates from less represented countries within the African Union are strongly encouraged to apply for positions that fit their profiles. These countries include Algeria, Angola, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Sahrawi D.R., Sao Tome and Principe., Seychelles, Somalia and Tunisia.
Requisition ID: 2048