Senior MEAL Officer
The Senior MEAL Officer is responsible for technical oversight of monitoring and evaluation activities for WASH Program (Rakhine). The Senior MEAL Officer will contribute to access to accurate, comprehensive and reliable information available for the WASH program where IRC and its partners provide services. He/she will support in learning, designing, and adaptation of interventions including data quality auditing, operational research, program impact assessment, M&E capacity building and program reporting under direct supervision of WASH Manager and with technical support from Yangon MEAL technical support unit.
The Senior MEAL Officer will also participate in the coordination and collaboration with Rakhine Cluster to guarantee the necessary alignment between IRC and Cluster data, tools, and methodologies. He/ She plays a key role in direct supervision and capacity building of data assistant, MEAL Officer and project staff with regards to project monitoring and evaluation, quality programming and services delivery.
The Sr MEAL officer reports to the Rakhine WASH Manager and will directly supervise the MEAL assistant. For coordination of the activities at field level, the Sr MEAL officer liaises closely with the members of Rakhine WASH team.
Under overall guidance of the WASH Manager and in consultation with Yangon MEAL Technical Unit, Sr MEAL officer will:
- Assist MEAL Manager to set up and manage M&E framework for assigned program. - Monitor implementation, maintain, and analyze data and produce information on project impact and progress of respective program. - Technical oversight and capacity building for both IRC and partner staff for respective program. - Project data Reporting.
Assist to set up and manage M&E framework of the program:
- Assist MEAL Manager to set up respective program framework and identify data collection requirements and methodologies for log frame indicators in line with database, donor requirement and IRC global MEAL system. - Assist MEAL Manager to revise and re-adjust the respective program M&E framework as needed. - Assist MEAL Manager to develop detailed program log frames, work plans, monitoring tools to ensure high quality program implementation throughout the project cycle and ensure the program is achieving expected outputs and that activities are relevant for the specific program.
Monitor implementation, maintain, and analyze data and produce information on project impact and progress:
- Design methodology and administer process of relevant data flow mechanism at the respective program in close collaboration with the field program staffs. - Oversight process of data flow mechanism and routinely visit the project sites and monitor implementation of data flow mechanism at the respective program. - In coordination with MEAL Manager, monitor the management of program database and project data quality control processes for the respective program. - Ensure systematic data collection along the project implementation at respective Townships and inform MEAL Manager for timely decision making. - Update the beneficiaries reached and situation of coverage area/locations for respective grants. - With the help of Data Assistant/MEAL Officer, he/she prepares respective cluster reports or government shared reports in a timely manner. - Assist MEAL Manager to organize and manage the project impact assessment, survey, operational research and field testing of MEAL tools and systems as needed.
Quality Control and Accountability
- Data Quality Auditing (DQA) in the project sites and making sure that project database is safely stored and backed up at respective program level. - Coordinate with Accountability Officer to support collection of beneficiary feedback through launched feedback mechanisms at targeted sites.
Technical oversight and capacity building to IRC staffs
- Assist the MEAL Manager for overall technical oversight and quality control of the respective program. - Assist MEAL Manager to organize the capacity building plan and actions for program staff as needed. - Provide capacity-building support to all team members on IRC standard MEAL systems including training on basic M&E concepts, assessment surveys collection etc when needed.
- Assist the MEAL Manager and WASH Manager for donor reporting to ensure all M&E reports are produced with highest quality in a timely manner.
- In the event of a natural disaster or renewal of conflict in the program area, the Senior MEAL Officer will be expected to participate in emergency response activities. - Depending on capacity and workload, the Senior MEAL Officer will be encouraged to attend relevant training and meetings in Sittwe, Yangon and regionally to improve the ability to support the project.
· Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, or related field.
· At least 3 years of experience working in M&E team of complex humanitarian response programs with UN/INGOs/LNGO.
· Experiences working with WASH program.
· Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Proven computer skills (MS-Office, internet applications, data management software an advantage)
· Understand the areas’ culture, environment, and work with the communities and local authorities.
· Professional demeanor, ability to work under stressful conditions.
· Diplomacy, flexibility, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Willingness to travel and work in IDP camps and rural villages when requested.
· Knowledge of Rakhine dialects
· Good Command of English Language Fluency
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged.