Senior Finance Associate G7
Application deadline 3 months ago: Sunday 9 Oct 2022 at 19:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Senior Finance Associate Grade: G7 Type of contract: Fixed Term Duration: 1 year renewable Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand Vacancy Number: 173098 Date of Publication: extended* 26 Sep 2022 Deadline of Application: 2 Oct 2022 This vacancy announcement is for Nationals of Thailand
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Act as an escalation point in providing procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures, interpret and assess the impact of changes and make recommendations on follow up actions, to support setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to support transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
- Monitor the daily cash position in order to optimize the use of surplus cash and maximize returns on investment through the liquidity portfolio.
- Ensure that payments are processed in a timely manner, resolve complex issues relating to the disbursement or replenishment of funds in line with WFP rules and regulations.
- Contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, monitor expenditure and budget forecasts, to ensure that relevant future funding requirements are met.
- Co-ordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
- Monitor account balances and oversee the recording of financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft.
- Monitor, control and analyse general ledger accounts in order to initiate and achieve corrective actions.
- Prepare and analyse financial and statistical reports based on the established frequency and provide recommendations for further actions to the Finance Officer or other staff, to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Co-ordinate and supervise work of other support staff, and support their learning and development in management of financial resources (e.g. managing the petty cash/subimprest account, review and analyse vendor and balance sheet accounts, etc.), to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Remain on stand-by at all times and follow standard emergency preparedness practices in order to meet immediate emergency requirements for further service on job and in the field.
- Review the corporate financial oversight and reporting tool for WFP Country Offices and prepare the analysis.
- Participate Cash Based Transfer Working Group and assist Finance Officer as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area (finance & accounting) is desirable.
- At least seven years of progressively responsible clerical work experience in general administrative work including at least two years in the field of finance, accounting, audit, administrative services or other related field.
- Has experience collecting and monitoring financial data on projects and programmes, assessing financial health and status, and reporting findings to senior leaders.
- Has experience analysing, interpreting data and generating reports at national level.
- Experience utilising computers, including Word processing, spreadsheet required. Experience with SAP, Oracle and other ERP software highly desirable.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferable.
- Proficiency in both oral and written communication skills in English
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.