Senior Business Support Associate - Risk Management, SC 7, Juba, South Sudan
Application deadline 8 hours ago: Monday 4 Dec 2023 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER 142038
POSITION TITLE: RISK AND COMPLIANCE ASSOCIATE
CONTRACT TYPE/LEVEL: SERVICE CONTRACT/LEVEL 7
CONTRACT DURATION: 12 MONTHS RENEWABLE
DUTY STATION: JUBA
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The job is located in Juba, South Sudan, covering both risk and compliance responsibilities. The job holder will be part of the CO Risk and Compliance team with functional supervision from the Risk and Compliance Adviser. The job holder will be required to make frequent visits to field offices.
Support the CO Risk and Compliance team in the maintenance of effective risk assessment and risk management activities; application of controls and compliance with policies and procedures; and contribution to the overall effectiveness of operations and optimization of WFP resources by championing the mainstreaming of WFP’s risk and compliance framework
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Perform regular and ad hoc assessments to identify and evaluate risks, assess effectiveness of internal controls, and assess the potential for fraud and corruption in operational activities.
- Prepare reports summarising the status of compliance of internal controls, key oversight themes using risk information (e.g. risk indicators, incidents) to highlight areas out of risk appetite and contribute ideas on required actions in areas of risk & compliance vulnerability.
- Assist in Maintain the country Office risk register ensuring it is kept up to date.
- Undertake research/obtain background information related to the subject under review, track and report on specific risks, trends and cross-cutting matters representing a high risk to the organization.
- Collect and analyse data on fraud incidents, fraud risk metrics, and fraud risk appetite.
- Contribute to enhancement of adequate internal control systems with clear accountabilities, including performance and risk management systems, monitoring and oversight processes and techniques, tools, processes to support their implementation.
- Support the coordination and delivery of relevant trainings, workshops and other capacity building initiatives relevant to risk management and compliance.
- Assist in ensuring the use of all WFP resources is in conformity with approved CO strategic plans/project plans, WFP rules and procedures, and donor funding agreements.
- Perform fact-finding reviews, fraud risk assessments and other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of Secondary school . Further training in the following areas will be an added advantage: finance, accounting, public or business administration, audit or other related field, and/or professional qualification in audit, performance and risk management or other related fields. University degree will be an added advantage.
Experience: seven years of relevant progressively responsible experience in undertaking and/or contributing to risk management activities, audits, legal support, monitoring and evaluation including assessing and recommending effective internal controls and mitigation actions in organizations that use modern enterprise risk management frameworks, techniques and systems. Demonstrated experience in enterprise resource planning systems (SAP, etc) is required.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic. Fluency in a local language is required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Support the CO Risk and Compliance team in the maintenance of effective risk assessment and risk management activities; application of controls and compliance with policies and procedures; and contribution to the overall effectiveness of operations and optimization of WFP resources by championing the mainstreaming of WFP’s risk and compliance framework.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to develop solutions that address root causes of risk. Strong collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver quality results on time. Excellent training and capacity building skills, including organizing and facilitating trainings, assessments, risk management thematic events and meetings to raise awareness and build knowledge. Experience in humanitarian or development programming, logistics, finance, legal support or related field.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, demonstrating knowledge of results hierarchy, performance metrics and measurement
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO SOUTH SUDANESE ONLY.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
4th December 2023
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYER, QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT WFP DOES NOT CHARGE ANY FEE AT ANY STAGE OF RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.