Roster of Data Management Analyst (National Filipino Consultant) Re-advertisement
Application deadline in 1 day: Thursday 24 Sep 2020
This is a National Consultant contract. More about National Consultant contracts.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Philippine country office is embarking on a data-driven initiative to support the Philippine government’s COVID-19 response and recovery strategy. In this regard, real time and accurate data is of paramount importance.
Under this project, UNDP is providing support to the Department of Health (DOH), and the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) aggregate and visualise datasets to help them manage the crisis. Much of this data is collected by a mobile application launched by DOH called the “DOH DataCollect BedTracker”, which harmonises the reporting of COVID-19 related essential resources and supplies among DOH licensed hospitals and infirmaries through DOH DM 2020-0136, as reiterated in DC 2020-0158 and PhilHealth Advisory 2020-018.
With additional data coming in, and to ensure that the visualisation platforms reflect real time and accurate data, there is now a need to hire data managers. These data managers will be hired by UNDP on Individual consultancy contracts (consultants) and shall support DOH in their role in the IATF Task Group for Strategic Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultants shall conduct data management, analysis and reporting activities with regard to disease surveillance of COVID-19. Specifically, the consultants shall screen data requests from external organisations and provide recommendations for appropriate action regarding these requests. The consultants shall monitor data submission in municipal, regional, and national Levels, as well as manage and update data reporting mechanisms such as the COVID-19 Tracker, DOH DataDrop, and Disease Surveillance Reports.
Specifically, the consultants shall:
- Conduct monitoring and supportive assistance in terms of data collection at the national and regional levels;
- Perform data analysis and reporting in coordination with the Epidemiology Bureau;
- Supervise data reporting mechanisms such as the DataCollect application;
- Manage the COVID-19 Tracker and DOH DataDrop;
- Process requests for data from external stakeholders; and,
- Perform related functions as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
The consultants shall provide monthly progress reports that will provide updates on the following headings:
- Ensure timely and accurate management of data requests.
- Keep the COVID-19 Tracker, DOH DataDrop, and DOH. DataCollect App running and up-to-date.
- Produce regular disease surveillance reports in coordination with the Epidemiology Bureau.
- The Consultant will report to UNDP for contractual and reporting purpose and to the DOH project coordinator for the purpose of technical assignment and other tasks. The Task Group of Strategic Communications of the IATF hall be the focal office for this undertaking.
- Consultants must have required tools - hardware and software packages, and internet access for carrying out the activities required under this assignment.
Duration of the Work
- Successful candidates will be under the roster for one year.
- The first assignment of successful candidate under the roster is initially from 01 October 2020 to 31 December 2020. In the event of continuation of work requirement, availability of funds and satisfactory performance, the duration can be extended for up to one year.
The consultants are supposed to work from their home-office locations but may be asked to come in to the DOH Central Office if the need arises, subject to current quarantine rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling UN mission, vision, values and ethical standards;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity, and adaptability; and,
- Promotes UNDP’s agenda.
- Ability to work in close collaboration with a group of national and international experts, to meet strict deadlines and plan the work according to priorities;
- Demonstrates capacity to plan, organize and execute effectively;
- Initiative, good analytical skills, mature judgement and ability to work under tight schedule while respecting deadlines and achievement, ethics, and honesty;
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a diverse environment;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Build strong relationships with internal and external clients;
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and to deal with complex multi-stakeholder environment;
- Good ability to use information and communication technologies as tools and resources; and,
- Excellent written communication and presentation/public speaking skills, focus on results, ability to interact productively in a teamwork environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or any related fields
- Minimum 5 years of data analytics or business data analyst work experience;
- Minimum 8 hours of on-site/relevant training or orientation
- Minimum 3 years in research and analysis
- Minimum 3 years experience in data models, including database design and development
- Minimum 3 experience in statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing data sets (Excel, Stata, SPSS, etc.)
- Minimum 1 experience with SQL, Python, and data visualization software such as Tableau, Google Data Studio, or Power
- Proficiency in English and Filipino
Engagement from the Roster
- All technically qualified consultants will be selected under the roster.
- Initially, top 10 ranking consultants from the roster shall be selected for award of contract. For further requirements, UNDP may select more consultants from the roster.
- UNDP does not warrant any quantity of services will be purchased during the term of the Roster as this will depend on forthcoming needs.
- Upon receipt of communication from UNDP, the consultants would have to confirm their availability for the assignment.
- Once the services are completed and have been approved by UNDP project manager, consultants will send complete invoice indicating number of hours/days worked for payment purposes.
Aside from the delivery of the outputs, the roster is to be evaluated based on the on the following Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- KPI 1: Responsiveness: The roster should respond and confirm their availability for the event within 2 days of UNDP’s notification by email.
- KPI 2: Timeliness of submission of reports to UNDP
- KPI 3: Quality of reports are as per work order submitted.
- KPI 4: Communication and Reporting. The Roster shall communicate and provide reports in a timely and professional manner
UNDP would conduct performance reviews every three (3) months, which might include meetings with the roster and feedback from other stakeholders.
If the roster fails to meet UNDP’s performance requirements detailed above, s/he will receive in the first instance a warning to improve their performance. Continued failure to meet performance requirements may result in removal from the roster.
Evaluation Method and Criteria for Establishment of Roster
Only candidates obtaining 70% of the total technical points (70 points out of 100 points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation following the criteria as follows:
Maximum Obtainable Points
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or any related fields (minimum 14 points for Bachelor's Degree, additional points for additional degree, max of 20points)
Minimum 5 years of data analytics or business data analyst work experience (minimum 14 points for 5 years' of experience, additional points for additional years, max of 20 points)
Minimum 8 hours of on-site/relevant training or orientation (minimum 14 points for 8 hours' of experience, additional points for additional years, max of 20 points)
Minimum 3 years in research and analysis (minimum 7 points for 3 years' of experience, additional points for additional years, max of 10 points)
Minimum 3 years experience in data models, including database design and development (minimum 7 points for 3 years' of experience, additional points for additional years, max of 10 points)
Minimum 3 experience in statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing data sets (Excel, Stata, SPSS, etc.)
(minimum 7 points for 3 years' of experience, additional points for additional years, max of 10 points
Minimum 1 experience with SQL, Python, and data visualization software such as Tableau, Google Data Studio, or Power BI highly recommended. (minimum 7 points for 1 years of experience, additional points for additional years, max of 10 points
Candidates will be evaluated based on the Combined Rating (technical score of 70% + financial score 30%) methodology. The ranking of Data Management Analyst shall be made based on proposals that are:
- responsive/ compliant/ acceptable; and
- having received the highest cumulative score out of the set of weighted technical criteria
- Financial criteria as per below weightages (technical-financial): 70%-30%
The financial score shall be computed as a ratio of the proposal being evaluated and the lowest per day price proposed by the consultant for the assignment.
Only top 10 ranking on the overall combined scores will be awarded contract initially.
Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
- The Consultant should send the financial proposal based on “all inclusive daily fee;”
- Payment to the Individual Contractor will be made based on the actual number of days worked through submission of Time Sheet, deliverables accepted and upon certification of satisfactory completion by the manager.
- Payment will be linked with the deliverables identified in "expected outputs and deliverables" above.
- Twenty two (22) working days will be considered as one month.
Recommended Presentation of Offer
Interested applicants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications. Please group them into one (1) single PDF document as the application only allows to upload maximum one document.
- Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability using the template provided by UNDP;
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
- Financial Proposal that indicates the all-inclusive daily rate, supported by a breakdown of costs (if any), as per template provided. If an Offeror is employed by an organization/company/institution, and he/she expects his/her employer to charge a management fee in the process of releasing him/her to UNDP under Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA), the Offeror must indicate at this point, and ensure that all such costs are duly incorporated in the financial proposal submitted to UNDP.
Note: Application will not be accepted if all the above-listed documents are not submitted.
Interested applicants to note that personal Medical/health insurance (to be purchased by the individual at his/her own expense) is mandatory for the issuance of contracts. Upon award of the contract, the consultant must be ready to submit proof of insurance valid during the contract duration.
The following templates / Annexes and IC General Terms & Conditions can be downloaded from http://gofile.me/6xdJm/bE9TCw8fU:
- General Terms and Conditions for Individual Contract
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability
- P-11 form
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply
- For any clarification, please write to email@example.com