Resource & Outreach Specialist
The Kansas Office for Refugees (KSOR) was established by the International Rescue Committee (IRC) as the private administrator of the Kansas Refugee Program in 2016, when the State of Kansas opted out of the federal U.S. Refugee Program. Serving as the Replacement Designee for the State of Kansas, KSOR administers funding and programming through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Refugee Resettlement (ORR). KSOR helps to shape the state and local contexts for resettlement and integration, building structures and systems that ensure both refugees and receiving communities are supported.
The Resource & Outreach Specialist works closely with the Director, Senior Partnership Manager and Senior Program Officer to develop resources for partner sites across the state through collaboration, research, evaluation, and partnership building. The Specialist works closely with all stakeholders to coordinate resources for refugees and other ORR-eligible populations. The Specialist’s scope includes but is not limited to coordinating resettlement efforts for ORR-eligible populations that are outside traditional resettlement agencies service areas. The Specialist reports to the Senior Partnership Manager.
- Develop and maintain contacts with community partners across the state that support refugee and other ORR-eligible populations. - Respond to partners regarding referrals to services and other benefits and services available to ORR-eligible populations - Intervene in areas of the state where access to services and benefits is becoming a concern. - Participate in national, state, and local-level workgroups to identify resources for privately sponsored ORR-eligible populations. - Provide training and guidance to community partners serving ORR-eligible populations
· Identify and assess the needs of ORR-eligible populations and gaps in capacity in locations without resettlement agencies and their unique barriers.
- Identify innovative models in community and private sponsorship suitable to the needs of new refugee arrivals.
· Keep the leadership of KSOR up to date on all new developments, opportunities, and barriers throughout the project management process.
· Maintain current and detailed knowledge of services available for ORR-eligible populations in Kansas
· Develop and distribute appropriate communications to stakeholders
· Assist in the coordination of local community resources
· Be responsive to requests for assistance from local resettlement agencies and other stakeholders
· Participate in community activities benefiting refugees in the area
· Troubleshoot local refugee issues in Kansas
· Perform other related duties and activities as appropriate
**Education*****:*** 4-year college degree required.
**Work Experience*****:*** Minimum one year operational or research.
COVID-19 Vaccination: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination must be provided prior to hire.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Community Outreach - Public Speaking. Event Planning - Highly organized, close attention to detail, and able to effectively prioritize tasks - Able to read and apply policies and procedures - Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, cloud-based applications, and databases - Flexible work attitude and ability to meet unexpected demands - Ability to maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders - Commitment to the principles of diversity, equality, and inclusion and a strong dedication to the IRC's mission, purpose and values
Language Skills: Fluency in written and spoken English
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
This position is based in the KSOR office in Wichita, Kansas. Remote work with expected in-person office work. Up to 40% local and statewide travel expected for meetings, events and to conduct refugee needs assessment.