Resource Mobilization Officer GCC
This is a ICRC - Open-ended contract. More about ICRC - Open-ended contracts.
What we do
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) www.icrc.org responds to worldwide humanitarian needs through its global network of delegations. The ICRC is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Resource Mobilization Officer is the focal point for questions/tasks related to reporting and information sharing and has therefore the overview on all activities of the unit. She/He is the main entry point regarding questions from donors and from the field regarding fundraising and supports the GCC markets team to manage the donor relationships. She/he is in charge of preparing funding proposals, of the reporting and of the revision of agreements for and from the donors.
Reports to (role)
- Resource Mobilization Head of Unit
- Internally, interacts within REM, with FAD, RES, COM, ICT, POL
- Externally, interacts with service providers, private sector contacts and National Societies.
Accountabilities & Functional responsibilities 1/2
The Resource Mobilization Officer 1 will be working with the GCC Unit within REM and where needed supporting the broader Middle East file. The employee will have the following responsibilities:
- Contributes to and supports implementation of the unit’s objectives;
- Supports fundraising activities by providing information and analysis that enables high quality donor stewardship;
- Supports fundraising activities by maintaining contact with donors and carrying out due diligence:
- Support the unit in the daily management of the funding relationship with Governments, National Societies and the stewardship of private donors;
- Launch and follow due diligence exercises as required for new donors;
- Support ICRC colleagues in operations (HQ & field), by providing them the relevant information related to funding, donors and to ICRC activities in order to ensure meaningful donor engagement (including by sharing regularly operational updates and other relevant information with donors);
- Participate in the organization of events for donors by coordinating logistics and liaising with internal and external stakeholders, notably for briefings by heads of delegation and interlocutors’ visits;
- Acts as lead relationship manager on a number of files;
- Provides project management support to new initiatives where needed.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments.
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position.
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses.
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image.
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development.
Certifications / Education required
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent command of French, English with other languages an asset.
- Strong IT proficiency particularly in presentations and data analysis and reporting.
Professional Experience required
- 3-5 years professional experience in a similar position.
- Good technical writing skills, preferably with prior experience in communications.
- Excellent verbal communications and presentations skills.
- Proven experience in analyzing and synthesizing large amounts of information.
- Proven ability to support the development of existing relations.
- Proven positive relationship management skills and an ability to bring a positive, respectful and inclusive approach to the team.
- Strong and respectful interpersonal skills that enable the encumbant to develop an extensive personal network within the ICRC and beyond.
- Demonstrated analytical and report and proposal writing skills.
- Ability to summarize complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Concrete digital skills in the MS Office suite and the ability to prepare and analyze spreadsheets and presentations in a highly professional manner.
- Creative and proficiency in visual information design.
- Ability to work across a matrix organization and appreciate and adapt to the field realities of the ICRC even when working at the HQ.
- Highly organized approach to the work.
- Location: Geneva
- Type of contract: Open-ended
- Grade: B2
- Activity rate: 100%
- Estimated start date: As soon as possible
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Application deadline: Thursday, the 2nd of June 2022
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.