Programme Associate (School Feeding)
Application deadline 2 months ago: Tuesday 15 Nov 2022 at 19:59 UTCOpen application form
Are you ready to change lives and save the lives of the world's most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Programme Associate (School Feeding) Grade: G6 Type of contract: Fixed Term Duration: 12 Months Duty Station: Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh Vacancy Number: 01 Date of Publication: 02.11.2022 Deadline of Application: 15.11.2022
To provide effective specialized support, technical analyses and management support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the supervision of the Programme Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide technical support and assist in the implementation of School Feeding activities in refugee camps and host communities Cox’s Bazar, especially with regard to a three-year USDA/McGovern Dole funded school feeding programme;
- Communicate regularly with the School Feeding Programme Officer to ensure activities are performed in accordance with WFP policies, donor policies, and agreements. i.e. daily/ weekly report, day to day consultation;
- Ensure and follow-up with partners for timely submission of reports;
- Review partners monthly reports, i.e. CP Distribution Reports, Monthly Utilization Reports, Project Implementation Reports, etc. and provide feedback;
- Prepare reconciliation of CP reports and review Distribution Report entries in COMET and facilitate validation in system;
- Coordinate with Country Office and Sub Office level supply chain unit for ensuring availability of food;
- Review and check partners delivery plans and food requests and ensure Food Release Notes (FRN) are prepared and validated in COMET;
- Provide support to partners in the successful expansion of school feeding programme in camps;
- Coordinate with education partners in camps like UNICEF, UNHCR, SCI, BRAC, and education sector for efficient implementation of the programme in registered and makeshift camps;
- Check and verify partners quarterly and monthly invoices and expenditure statements and process payments;
- Track CP spending, manage cash forecast, book estimated expenditure and enter actual expenditure in WINGSII, perform monthly invoice matching and payment process in ITS;
- Facilitate Field Level Agreement with partners and the amendments required;
- Provide support to partners for preparing annual and quarterly workplan;
- Supervise and review regularly the accomplishment of workplan of partners and follow-up for timely action;
- Oversee Program Assistant, review and provide performance feedback;
- Review WFP PAs' monthly activity plan and report and provide feedback.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the development or humanitarian sector with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the field of the literacy or education programme.
Education: University degree (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in English, Education, Social Science or any other relevant field.
Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla dialects.
Knowledge & Skills: Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems eg. COMET. General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of administration.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has worked with technical teams (i.e. Education, Literacy programme etc.). • Has contributed to implementation of programmes. • Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
For more on WFP and what we do, please go to http://www.wfp.org/videos/zero-hunger
WFP provides life-saving assistance to more than 850,000 Rohingya refugees and over 300,000 most vulnerable households in the local communities. WFP implements a range of programmes including integrated food and nutrition assistance, school feeding activities, emergency preparedness, and tailored livelihoods programme to support the most vulnerable population.
For more on WFP Cox's Bazar World Humanitarian Day video 2021
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Tuesday, 15 November 2022 (Midnight Bangladesh time)
Click ‘Apply’ link below to start the application process. Candidates are requested to create an account in WFP E-Recruitment system before applying.
Please also include your CV with a cover letter, highlighting your motivation and suitability for this vacancy, as part of an online application.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including basic salary, and medical insurance.
Please visit https://www.wfp.org/countries/bangladesh to learn more about WFP’s operations in Bangladesh.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.