Programme Associate (Data Analyst-Nutrition)
Application deadline 2 months ago: Wednesday 16 Nov 2022 at 19:59 UTCOpen application form
Are you ready to change lives and save the lives of the world's most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Programme Associate (Data Analyst-Nutrition) Grade: G6 Type of contract: Fixed Term Duration: 12 Months Duty Station: Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh Vacancy Number: 01 Date of Publication: 02.11.2022 Deadline of Application: 15.11.2022
This role will focus on closely working with the programme team, cooperating partners, Resource Management, Supply Chain, Monitoring and Evaluation, and other units to facilitate nutrition programme data analysis and processing, database and information management, and programme monitoring, learning, and capacity support. The candidate will be required to track and document developments and trends in nutrition data including the quality, analysis, utilization, visualization and course correction for the Cox’s Bazar sub-office under the overall guidance of the Cox’s Bazar Nutrition team lead.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Track nutrition data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained;
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Liaise with internal counterparts especially the M&E unit and the Reports unit to ensure effective collaboration on monitoring of ongoing projects;
- Support the unit in improving the quality of data collection, results tracking, and reporting, including support for internal data quality improvement processes;
- Compile the cooperating Partner (CP) statistical reports, analyze, and share the monthly compiled statistics report on time, and prepare presentations and dashboards for programme reviews and feedback;
- Enhance acquisition of nutrition programme knowledge through the systematic collection of country programme experience (lessons learned, best practices, reviews, evaluations);
- Ensure learning and practice on nutrition data in the field by disseminating and tracking relevant shifts in nutrition programme design and implementation;
- Participate in M&E exercises e.g PDMs, FSOMs, REVAs, etc to assess progress and support nutrition operational, implementation, research, surveys, and assessments including review of protocols and tools;
- Ensure the documentation in WFP system and utilize the projects data information for donor reports, Annual Country Report (ACR), and appropriate knowledge and information;
- Provide input into reporting activities and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on nutrition activities that enables informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders;
- Give technical assistance regular monitoring, and capacity building to cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, quality data collection, reporting, and accountability to the affected population;
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the development or humanitarian sector with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the field of data analysis and information management, monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and database management, or another related field.
Education: University degree in Health, Political Science, Social sciences, Economics, Statistics, and Nutrition sciences, with skills in information management, records, data, monitoring and evaluation, or statistics.
Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla dialects.
Excellent communication skills in Chittagonian are desirable.
- Developing M&E system including preparation of data collection tools; and conduction of analysis;
- Development and maintenance of monitoring databases o Capacity development for staff; analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data;
- Performance reporting of operations; developing training materials and training facilitation methods;
- Proven ability to effectively use MS office applications including spreadsheets and other standard office technology equipment;
- Good knowledge of information management principles;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and simultaneously manage multiple tasks in an autonomous manner;
- Maturity, initiative, courtesy, tact, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural; backgrounds. Basic knowledge of community nutrition programmes;
- Strong written, oral presentation and communication skills including substantive analysis and report writing skills.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
For more on WFP and what we do, please go to http://www.wfp.org/videos/zero-hunger
WFP provides life-saving assistance to more than 850,000 Rohingya refugees and over 300,000 most vulnerable households in the local communities. WFP implements a range of programmes including integrated food and nutrition assistance, school feeding activities, emergency preparedness, and tailored livelihoods programme to support the most vulnerable population.
For more on WFP Cox's Bazar World Humanitarian Day video 2021
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Tuesday, 15 November 2022 (Midnight Bangladesh time)
Click ‘Apply’ link below to start the application process. Candidates are requested to create an account in WFP E-Recruitment system before applying.
Please also include your CV with a cover letter, highlighting your motivation and suitability for this vacancy, as part of an online application.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including basic salary, and medical insurance.
Please visit https://www.wfp.org/countries/bangladesh to learn more about WFP’s operations in Bangladesh.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.