Programme Administrative Assistant
Application deadline 6 months ago: Monday 21 Dec 2020
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the supervision of the Programme Management Officer, the UN Volunteer Programme Administrative Assistant will:
- Assist the Programme Management Officer and the Associate Programme Management Officer in administering the daily operations of the Programme Management Unit (PMU) and the UNITAD Trust Fund;
- Ensure close liaison with Logistics/Administrative/Finance/Human Resources units as necessary and appropriate;
- Prepare all required documents for the purchase of goods/services and coordinate closely with Mission Support Coordination Office (MSCO);
- Follow up on the status of purchase of goods/services and delivery with MSCO and Procurement Service and update on a regular basis the PMU and the receiving unit/end user;
- Coordinate with the Finance Unit on the preparation of financial reports for donor reporting;
- Coordinate and liaise with Finance unit and Human Resource for budget tracking and ensuring timely and accurate disbursements of funds;
- Support in drafting ToRs and follow up with the Human Resources on ongoing recruitments;
- Maintains administrative records, trackers, and databases for the PMU;
- Coordinates the Integrated Planning Management and Reporting (UPMR) on UMOJA and/or similar UN and donor databases and project management systems;
- Ensure compliance with UN and donor regulations in the work of the PMU;
- Provide support and assistance to field visits when required;
- Schedule and organise section staff meetings as requested;
- Identify and analyse problems regarding the administration of extrabudgetary projects and propose solutions;
- Perform other duties as required.
Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area: Business administration, Finance, or management;
- At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in programme administration, grants management, and/or finance is required. Prior experience in the UN or other international organizations is an advantage.
Experience administering donor funded projects, web-based databases, and funding trackers is required.
Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious leaders and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in issue surrounding mass atrocity crimes, stabilization, and volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise:
Development programme management, Administration and administrative assistance
Area of expertise details:
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 21 December 2020