Job Overview: Under the supervision of the Senior Financial Coach, the Program Specialist will work on the Protection Privacy Rights for Refugees (P3R) Program; providing education and outreach on behalf of the program. The specialist will integrate this education into existing activities such as individualized case management, immigration workshops, cultural orientations for new arrivals, wellness support groups, financial education classes, vocational ESL classes as well as job readiness trainings. The specialist will also devise a linguistically and culturally responsive curriculum from trusted sources of consumer privacy education such as Privacy Rights Clearinghouse and Consumer Action, and implement trainings, all in coordination with IRC’s national technical advisors. The specialist will inform clients of their rights and protections under California law, with a focus on safeguarding personal data. They will develop materials in relevant client languages and will provide 1:1 assistance for clients whose privacy rights have been violated.
· Implement and conduct classroom based courses, breakout room content, and 1:1 sessions that are based on P3R curriculum.
· Utilize online databases to set class schedules and lessons, and oversee class operations
· Keep accurate attendance records and conduct client pre- and post-assessments, including data entry
· Design, coordinate, and implement supplemental workshops for cases that require additional support and information
· Assist in the development and implementation of monthly trainings for all eligible clients.
· Onboard and train volunteers and interns to teach P3R Curriculum successfully both virtually and in-person
· Consistently update P3R curriculum to meet the needs of the English learning community and include adult learning practices
· Successfully track attendance and follow-up with necessary staff with relevant client updates
· Use ETO and any other funder required databases to track client services, outcomes, and metrics.
· Monitor and adhere to the program budget throughout the project duration.
· Participate in all-staff/ program meetings.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Position Reports to: Senior Financial Coach Position directly supervises: Interns and volunteers
Indirect Reporting: Economic Empowerment & Education Manager, Site Director Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC program staff, interns and volunteers External: Community partners and economic empowerment programs.
· Undergraduate degree in Teaching, Finance, Business or an equivalent field of study.
· Demonstrated relevant work experience in teaching multi-cultural populations on relevant topics.
· Prior experience providing direct service to underserved or refugee populations preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with an array of workforce and financial topics, including job readiness training and financial capabilities curriculums. - Previous multi-cultural experience and demonstrated ability to communicate well with people of varied backgrounds strongly preferred.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
· Extensive experience in presenting, teaching, and leading training workshops.
· Excellent computer skills, particularly Word and Excel required. Prior experience using tracking systems.
· Attention to detail and ability to efficiently and accurately organize, track, and communicate information.
· Commitment to teamwork and collaboration across all IRC programs.
- Highly motivated with an ability to work independently, develop new classes and programming, and be a self-starter, maintaining responsibility for multiple tasks. - TESOL Certification preferred.
· Blended virtual and office work environment coupled with regular travel in and around the service delivery area.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity****: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer****: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.